Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Remove listing fee
Woody those are some good ideas (except the 3rd as it's a QA nightmare)

I like Madjosh idea on a refund if it doesn't sell. This plus the 25k listing cap could go a long way.

This is to address the issue of 2 different markets: Auction House and Black market(forums). The discussion about stuff being over priced is a different discussion. If you want I can open another thread to explain how to break the economy to get to max armorsmith in 1 month.

Want to know why Hardened Metals listed for 20k? Simple, the crafting system reliance on single mats for every item. HM is one of them and our current power lvling of the crafting system has broken the economy again (4th time I Believe)
I've got a question.  Do you really want people to sell 30 mil legendary's on the AH?  Doing so would lock out the poor players EVEN MORE as even if they have gear stuff to trade with, They aren't getting 30 mil in cash in any reasonable amount of time.  Only a select few players would be able to afford such a item.
Steam name:  Sargeant Q

(31-08-2015, 01:18 PM)Sargent Q link Wrote:I've got a question.  Do you really want people to sell 30 mil legendary's on the AH?  Doing so would lock out the poor players EVEN MORE as even if they have gear stuff to trade with, They aren't getting 30 mil in cash in any reasonable amount of time.  Only a select few players would be able to afford such a item.

You're correct that very few people could afford buying legendary items on the AH for pure gold. However that makes me think even if the listing fee was removed,the vast majority of legendary items would still be traded on the forum rather than on the AH - since so few people could afford them in sheer gold.
I believe, that the fee should be on buyers shoulders(if you want to get something faster, you pay more), unless the time passes and nobody buys that item(then the seller pays), that would keep AH more alive, than it is now.
(31-08-2015, 01:18 PM)Sargent Q link Wrote:I've got a question.  Do you really want people to sell 30 mil legendary's on the AH?  Doing so would lock out the poor players EVEN MORE as even if they have gear stuff to trade with, They aren't getting 30 mil in cash in any reasonable amount of time.  Only a select few players would be able to afford such a item.

Legendaries would still be traded on forums - I agree. Who has 30m to drop on an item on the AH? However, the house crafted items I would think would be put on AH more. And, to be blunt, House crafted items are the best most players will gain without heading to the forums and buying those high ticket items anyway.

I don't really see the need for players to have to scour the forums to buy a, for example, 400k - 500k item because of the AH tax.

~M
30mil is an edge case. Yes if there was no fee, people will still trade on forums it's going to happen.

The Idea is to move most trading to one place that is already designed to handle it. When I talk/heard other "senior" players the major reason for the forums is bypassing the fee. So "[fix] it and they will come"
A reason why there's a listing fee exist is also to remove the chance that a price fight take place on a ridiculous scale.

For example, seeing some kind of fighting over prices where an item price is getting dropped by 50 or even 1 every 2-3 minutes so that it's "cheaper" than another of the same item. By having the listing fee, this kind of situation is easier to controls and people who put item in the auction house have to think twice before adding an item or updating its existing price.

Imagine the amount of changes in the website server if a fight on an item that is sold 1.5M and each drop its price by 25 or even 100 every couple of min. Not only would it make things hard to follow (for anyone who buys), but it would also be some kind of problem if someone where to change the price of an item too often. With a simple program, you could make it so that the price of an item switch every 20-30 seconds between an overpriced amount and a normal price and anyone who buy it when it's show the normal price could end up paying the overpriced amount as the AH doesn't update in real-time whenever a price is changed.

The listing fee helps against those 2 kind of situations.
I think everything relevant has been said and since I can't think of anything to add:  Here's a picture of my hobbit shoes.

[Image: crazy-shoes1.jpg]
(31-08-2015, 01:57 PM)Marius link Wrote:I believe, that the fee should be on buyers shoulders(if you want to get something faster, you pay more), unless the time passes and nobody buys that item(then the seller pays), that would keep AH more alive, than it is now.
This, there should be a fee (and yes, for a money sink), and it's typical in games for said fee to be paid for by the buyer.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2024.06.13)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.