Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Income generation?
currently, making money in this mod is now less a mater of determination and skill, but, rather the result of luck. It has become apparent to me that many players including myself have neglected the crafting skill tree deeming it as "useless" when you could easily find someone else to craft set item for you. I am proposing that there be some sort of daily item craftable or "job that could be sold directly to the marketplace for a profit.

e.g.

"John the stable hand is running out of saddles for Swadia's freshly reared horses" give him a hand and craft some more and i'll pay you a thousand gold per saddle. (max number of saddles craftable increased by your crafting level? *services are spent materials are free*)

obviously this seems like a quest and maybe it could be but i feel that the whole crafting system needs to give a little in return to those who have spent their vast resources levelling this skill up for the good of the community when they have so obviously spent so much of their mats/gold on it. this would also in turn help to keep gold floating around the economy.
(03-11-2013, 12:11 PM)madjosh link Wrote:currently, making money in this mod is now less a mater of determination and skill, but, rather the result of luck. It has become apparent to me that many players including myself have neglected the crafting skill tree deeming it as "useless" when you could easily find someone else to craft set item for you. I am proposing that there be some sort of daily item craftable or "job that could be sold directly to the marketplace for a profit.

e.g.

"John the stable hand is running out of saddles for Swadia's freshly reared horses" give him a hand and craft some more and i'll pay you a thousand gold per saddle. (max number of saddles craftable increased by your crafting level? *services are spent materials are free*)

obviously this seems like a quest and maybe it could be but i feel that the whole crafting system needs to give a little in return to those who have spent their vast resources levelling this skill up for the good of the community when they have so obviously spent so much of their mats/gold on it. this would also in turn help to keep gold floating around the economy.

p.s. before you crucify me "No I have not used the search function..."
are you suggesting that every player can craft x amounts of saddels per day and neither has to provide mats nor anything else but gets 1000gold? that can easily lead to abuse, because certain players will just create a handful of chars, not too many so they don't appear on the radar of the devs, and just craft 1 saddle aday and get rich like that
i don't think this is a good idea
(03-11-2013, 12:15 PM)Hablam link Wrote:are you suggesting that every player can craft x amounts of saddels per day and neither has to provide mats nor anything else but gets 1000gold? that can easily lead to abuse, because certain players will just create a handful of chars, not too many so they don't appear on the radar of the devs, and just craft 1 saddle aday and get rich like that
i don't think this is a good idea

no that is not what i mean, i am suggesting that there be a set amount of "sadles" (example) that can be crafted in a set period of time. the number of saddles craftable per day is increased as your crafting level is increased....more crafting level more saddles also 100 gold is the first number that came to mind and is only an example Tongue this should solve all the abuse mentioned above.....i hope
i see, but than the max saddel creation has to be bound to the entire cd key, so that the highest crafting profession he has counts as how many saddels he can make per day, that would prevent the abusing
(03-11-2013, 12:26 PM)Hablam link Wrote:i see, but than the max saddel creation has to be bound to the entire cd key, so that the highest crafting profession he has counts as how many saddels he can make per day, that would prevent the abusing

not necessary, if it is set up properly, it would not be profitable unless the player first invested into that crafting tree. i know the devs can detect when someone is creating an excess of accounts. a low crafting level will result in small profit. if a player wishes to invest into a series of accounts so be it, the real profit would be found when continuously upgrading your main accounts level to maximise profit rather than spreading your mats on levelling up 20 or so alternate chars.
fair enough, but i devs proly don't like this, cause they always try to suck out money from the player base :/
(03-11-2013, 12:40 PM)Hablam link Wrote:fair enough, but i devs proly don't like this, cause they always try to suck out money from the player base :/

people say the truth will set you free.........no it won't the truth will get you banned Tongue