Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Idea for classes - make horses a support class, rather than main class
I had an idea for the classes, that may help keep the came a little more balanced.

Currently, there are 3 main classes, and two support classes. I would propose that calvary be made a support class like medic/engineer (or a separate group of class). Horses can already be used in the support class spot. There would no reason you couldn't also be an archer on horseback either (since a good chunk of the troops in Warband are horsed archers). This would also help balance out the fact that horses are really only useful on a few of the maps. On those same maps, barricades aren't all that helpful since the map is usually wide open.

Plus, one of the teamwork strategies I've seen is to have the horses run in circle while archers pick the bots off. Great, but it prevents XP for the cav. (of course, shared XP/loot would help this too).

Plus, I currently have a trained pony just for fun, but if I do any killing on it, I don't level my main classes at all, which makes deciding to play on a horse, less fun.
House Thalheimer: Galen (Legionnaire), Wilhelm (Warden), Johann (Chosen Marksmen), Friedrich (Master Peltast) [Engineers]
Crafting: Blacksmith Max, Armorsmith Max, Alchemy Max, Support 22, Defender 14
NI House: The Order of Scarlet Blade Scarlet Knights
NI Banners - NI Banner Prototypes

the idea of making horse a support class is cool I love it

but no HA why? because with HA you could solo the map on ALL the round so no.
hum.. any chess player?
hook me up on chess.com : my nickname is LeIsatis!
horsed archers might be overclassed, however, I think there is a limit of what bows you can use. If you can only use lower bows on horses, the accuracy/damage loss might take care of that.
House Thalheimer: Galen (Legionnaire), Wilhelm (Warden), Johann (Chosen Marksmen), Friedrich (Master Peltast) [Engineers]

MODS: could you move this to feature requests?

Thanks

the knight tier is a very powerful class so combining commando, or sniper with it will be pretty op. Just my opinion.
[Image: gQUGcYN.gif?1]
well, it wouldn't really be combined, per se. More like each level of "horse wrangler" gets you a better horse access/riding skill, horse archery, and polearm (and that's it). The remaining two base classes would have to be respeced to account for that, or add another level to them. So, it would be more you'd be a commando+ that could ride a horse, rather than commando+knight.

Then basically, the support classes also even out in horses for offense (mostly), engineer for defense (mostly--exploding barrels), and medic for support/longevity. Medics are always useful, with the horses and engineer being alternatively useful based on map (but VERY useful when needed)

As a further refinement, could make the classes more like:

Main:
bow
crossbow
(and maybe thrown)
1h/2h
2h/polearm
(or maybe 1h/shield, 2h, polearm -- could make 3 ranged, 3 melee)

alt scheme:
2+ slot class: archer, crossbow, 1h+shield
1 slot class: 2h, polearm, thrown
maybe pick one of each

Support:
offense (horse)
defense (engineer)
longevity (medic)

Then, you could customize even more how you like to play as a character. If you like cav, up 2h/polearm and offense support. Maybe make finer grain classes and allow a little more spreading across multiple classes.

Just free flow thinking. It makes more work for the devs, and reclassing existing people would be a pain, but it might make everything a little more balanced class wise (now that loot sharing is in effect - woot).

edit: add thrown, 2nd scheme

this is what cav atm lacks:

-blunt weapons: current cav are rather a lot with lances with is rather good against cav and stray solders but hardly usefull against anything else. so give them blunt weapons even native have them and they effective because although slower then the sword they pack out a hard pouch against shields and heavy armoured solders making them useful for other tactics and supporting others
-  tactics: there are so few cavalry tactics that its hardly any helpful for themselves and other classes
- charge: with a good charge stops enemy's in there actions if done successfully enemy's are shortly downed on the ground.
- attack speed: with the nerf on there attack speed there is hardly anything to do then lancing.

the disadvantage of long lines is that people get lost in the text
A while back I made a request for horse archers and it got completely [glow=red,2,300]SHUT DOWN[/glow]. I still support this idea, however.
Don't say ANYTHING.
What, do you expect a speech?
What happens to the cav players? They ragequit for getting 100 hours obliterated.