Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Moderately Priced Items
Hey everyone!

I have been noticing recently there is a severe lack of mid-cost weapons and armor. For example, the price difference between jarids and CTS is about 990k, with nothing in between! There should be a 500k throwable of some kind! also the 1 handed range is pretty crappy, the difference from the steel sword to the steel cutter is around 300k (could be wrong)

Striped -> Trans around 1 mil difference (600k Craftable needed)
PPVOM -> Heavy Plated 900k difference (500k Craftable Needed)
Siege Xbow -> Arbalest 500k difference (200k Craftable Needed)
Heavy Kettle -> Open Salet 400k difference (200k Craftable needed, and no onion top bacinet doesn't count)
SS Bow -> Kings Willy 3 mil difference (1 Mil Craftable Needed)
Khergit Gaurd Boots -> NOTHING (pikemen's booties need more love)
Rus Helm -> Sturmhaube 800k difference (400k Craftable Needed)
Open Troopers Helm -> Brass Helmet a shit load (1 mil Craftable Needed?)
Iron Greaves -> Swadian Boots 570k (300k Craftable Needed)

That is but a few examples I have come with. I feel like many of the new items released are aimed at more wealthy player, and this means mid wealth are left with a LONG grind in front of them! I understand the NI team is pressed to get models and coders etc, but I believe we need some mid wealth items, or it may deter people from the mod when they reach that certain point in time!

-Handef
My Characters!

VLKA_Handef_Snizel - Royal Gaurd
VLKA_Handef - Master Peltast
VLKA_HybridLeHandef - Sharpshooter
VLKA_Snizel - Ranger
Siege Crossbow ->  powerful crossbow -> arbalest?

Difference in stats between most of items you've listed is minimal, so basically if you're really rich you can spend all that gold to upgrade your armor/weapon a bit.
Powerful Crossbow's only really a valid choice for tier 3 though, since (afaik) it is slower than the Siege Crossbow. Not to mention the crafting costs, which pretty much equal the Arbalest.
Crossbowman Booties also need some love by the way! Big Grin
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
(23-01-2014, 06:54 PM)Maroon link Wrote: Crossbowman Booties also need some love by the way! Big Grin
Please allow us to wear Swadian Boots :'(
(23-01-2014, 06:55 PM)Spring link Wrote: [quote author=Maroon link=topic=22225.msg162602#msg162602 date=1390503250]
Crossbowman Booties also need some love by the way! Big Grin
Please allow us to wear Swadian Boots :'(
[/quote]

Yes please.
(23-01-2014, 05:37 PM)Handef_Snizel link Wrote: SS Bow -> Kings Willy 3 mil difference (1 Mil Craftable Needed)
Khergit Gaurd Boots -> NOTHING (pikemen's booties need more love)
Rus Helm -> Sturmhaube 800k difference (400k Craftable Needed)
This and from Jarids to CTS should be different.
it would be nice if there are more lower trowables, and then the items you say.
DB_BlackWarden - DB_BlackPeltast - DB_BlackKnight - DB_BlackPavise
Alchemist 16 - ArmorSmith 21 - BlackSmith 18 - Alchemist 8
Hm, good point, moar throwables would be nice indeed.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
maybe they should just give us loot so people can actually make the transition into the later tiered gear rather than just give up when they reach tier 4 and realise it's not worth the effort going any further
That ruins the fun  Big Grin
Surprise! You work for these items. I don't think we need more models cluttering the mod tbh. You have enough fun with your items, look at it this way. Imagine you were looking at Heavy lam < Trans < Halfplate < Defender. There is your "middle armor" already. This goes for a lot of items Smile "Moderately priced" is a point of view and if you noticed, it depends on items used for the craft. Wait for the mats to go super cheap and then stockpile. If you waited long enough, maybe Trans could be completed in a time frame with minimal cost Smile It still beats the 3 million it used to be back in the day.