Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

House Improvements
I have a couple things that I think would help to improve the Houses.

First: I don't know if this idea has been put forth before, but here it is. I think that House members should be able to message each other on the NI site using the Message tab. Right now the only thing showing up is trades, quests, and  AH stuff. Is there a reason this has not happened?

Second: It would be helpful to the House leaders if there was a way to see when House members were signed into the site last. Would that be possible?
Start the game already!
Has this been looked at?

The reason I would like to be able to see when a house member was signed in last is so that I can kick long-inactive players from the house, so we don't get full of junk members.
Start the game already!
thats a great idea will help me out alot maybe not just the last time they looged onto the site but also last time they played NI as i know a few people that dont log into NI for a few days and just build up assist xp and gold
COURAGE: do one brave thing then run like hell

Long Live The Order Of The Scarlet Blade's
PK_Friewulf_shielder
This is REALLY really important to me, can a dev or admin give me some feedback on this idea? I'd even like to know if it won't work so I can stop worrying about it.
Start the game already!
I imagine it's possible, but I'm not an admin or a Dev. You're able to message on the forums, so it's most likely possible to add that in for houses on the nordinvasion site. With the last logged in time they might be able to do that... if you think of how they measure how long it's been since you've completed a quest; they could probably do generally the same thing with the time you exited out of the site. Then again... I'm not really a coder, so I can't be sure on all of this, but it seems possible to me.
Don't say ANYTHING.
What, do you expect a speech?
I'm not a dev but what you have asked for are do-able. I can only guess at reasons why they haven't added as of yet, what they're planning to add in future etc etc however I can explain a bit about how it would potentially work.

This is just off the top of my head, it probably is wrong but it's a reasonable guess (for me anyway).

Sending a message is quite simple, from what I can tell current message system works on a database with a structure of;
messageID - Unique Key for each message.
Date - When the message was recieved.
playerID - The player who recieves this message.
Message Title - The title of the message.
Message - The content of the message.

and the php backing it works by doing a quick loop of a SQL query, something like "SELECT * FROM tblMessages WHERE playerID = '$sessionID'" - which basically takes your character ID and shoots it off to the database asking for every message with your name on it before printing them out into the lovely table we have.

With the House member login times, again, viable, when I user logs in or when a new page is entered a quick update to the database is made, "UPDATE tblPlayers SET loginTime=Date WHERE playerID='$sessionID'" and then printed out into a nice table when you click the "members" button on your House links.

tl;dr/don't care;not programmer

Both are do-able, because I said so. I have my ideas as to why they've not been added thus far but I'm not going to speculate.
[Image: GuardTennenothSig-2hat-2.png]

Add the straw hat as a usable item. I feel naked without it!
Add back Nordic armour! I have nowhere warm to sleep now!
Avatar courtesy of Tomas of Miles.
Of course it's do-able. There are just probably more important things to do right now.
[align=center][Image: birdtalon.png]
Thanks for the replies guys. Um, Bird, does that mean they aren't going to do it, or just not right now...?
Start the game already!
(29-03-2012, 03:37 PM)Sparhawk link Wrote: Thanks for the replies guys. Um, Bird, does that mean they aren't going to do it, or just not right now...?

As I'm not a dev I don't know what they are doing or when, I don't speak for them either. It just means that my guess is there are more important things to focus on such as 0.4.0

It's highly likely they have seen this thread though.
[align=center][Image: birdtalon.png]
Mkay, thanks for clearing that up for me.

Oh, looks like you get that 75k for the banner. Contact Sphinx if he hasn't already given it to you.
Start the game already!