Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Archer slots
Because of the slot system of the website, we archers can only carry one bow, one quiver and one melee weapon. I can only put a deployable shield in the Support slot.

We all know it's possible to spawn with a bow, a quiver, and a melee weapon, and then get another quiver, even though it's something slow and tedious. Knowing that, I think we should just be able to put our bow or arrows in the Support slot, just like Crossbowmen can with their crossbows.

It would save a lot of time and every archer would be ready as soon as he spawned.
I support this, even though I would not use it. A barricade is much more important to a team then an extra quiver.
Or we should disable the second quiver ingame and force the archer to bring a support item.
Once more into the fray
Into the last good fight I'll ever know
Live and die on this day
Live and die on this day
Get out of my thread, you trolls! It should be up to the player to decide whether to carry an extra quiver or a barricade, and in normal mode barricades are not needed as much as in hard mode.
I think this would be very good, since i hate going back and refill arrows all the time. And why bring a support item when archers are the ones supporting the team the most by shooting them instead of going infront of our teammate, make the teammate hit us and then we steal their kill..
(17-04-2012, 12:35 PM)Patoson link Wrote: Get out of my thread, you trolls! It should be up to the player to decide whether to carry an extra quiver or a barricade, and in normal mode barricades are not needed as much as in hard mode.

+1

I see where Oneeye is comming from though, Commandos and Skirmishers must bring a support item, or nothing. Whereas Xbows get to choose. Shoud archers get that choice? xbows only got it because they are melee hybrids, and require a shield and sword in addition to an xbow and bolts. They only have one pack of bolts however, so they don't seem overpowered.

If archers got this, they would last significantly longer before having to refil in comparison but still have melee capability.

Also how would you stop an archer taking 3 packs of arrows?
Allowing arrows or bows in the support slot would allow 3 packs to be taken, as weapon slots have no limitations. Allowing melee weapons in the support slot would allow other classes the same, and detract from teamplay (as other classes would bring sword or similar instead of barricades or medic boxes).

Just what I've been pondering over, sorry if it doesn't make a lot of sense, might try to clear it up at some point.
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
Sure, it should be up to player to decide, but we all know that majority will not bring support stuff. I agree with OneEye, ppl should be forced to bring a support stuff, ppl have to learn but it would take too much time for ppl to realize that support is needed, so they should learn it the hard way and be forced.

Everybody can bring a deployable shield, it's nothing, but we can gain much time on bot with this.
[URL=http://"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2W4FsDVKMY"]"Tu vois, le monde se divise en deux catégories, ceux qui ont un pistolet chargé et ceux qui creusent. Toi tu creuse. "[/URL]
Just my two cents here.....

I had mentioned this before, and with the information mentioned here I now better understand.  If the current thought is that Commando/Skimisher are pure melee, that Crossbows are Hybrids, that means Archers are pure Ranged.  Archers are not required to build up melee XP, and with the current config we are only allowed 3 slots for weapon/shield/ammo.  Granted if we were to be allowed the option of slotting our bow in the support slot this would allow more options for load out.  I do not think it is a bad idea, but I can not say allowing this would be good either. 

I personally tend to slot Bow, Ammo, Ammo, Ammo Box.  I do this because I am good at shooting, horrid at melee, and accept that I am fodder in the end.  If I had the option I might carry a melee weapon, or I would drop the ammo box for another quiver of arrows.  I try to hold my ground for as long as possible, and with 2 quivers (and good melee support) I can last 8 waves before having to resupply via permanent ammo box, or trying to deploy my support ammo box.  If I could slot 3 quivers I would lose my resupply on the spot option, but I gain the chance to maybe hold out for 12 waves.  It is a tactical decision for each player in the end based on their playstyle/skill.

I will also quickly throw this out.  If we are all forced to bring 'support' items then shouldn't crafters charge far less for those 'support' items.  I have yet bought a barricade due to the high cost.  Granted a House probably supplies members with gear, but not everyone has a House (or wants one).  Yes I am an evil horrid person for suggesting that, but my archer is a mercenary for hire type.  Also this idea of "gifting" items in battle has me baffled.  But I will go into that topic here.

Now into this topic could also go the mention of how slowly it takes to heal/resupply/pray.  Heal/resupply take a while, while prayer is a quick heal/resupply.  If we could quickly grab our ammo resupply (i.e. we were grabbing prebundled arrows/bolt vs. the current loading loose arrows/bolts into quivers) I honestly would consider having a melee weapon, one quiver, and a bow.  That time spent on resupply not only hurts me, it hurts the team who is now missing my support.  Maybe the ammo box support item could resupply faster then the permanent ammo box by suggesting that the crafted box is prepared bundles of ammo.  This starts to show how unprepared Swadians are before a battle, but I will not get into that discussion here.

So while I would not mind the option to slot 3 quivers, or 2 quivers/melee, I agree that the team would suffer in regard to support.  More arrows are okay, but if that shield/barricade is not holding the target in place then our extra arrows will do very little.  This is a team work/coop game, and we all seem to forget that at times.
:o  [glow=red,2,300]Missed it by.....  THAT MUCH.[/glow]  :o

[glow=red,2,300] FOR PONY!!! [/glow]
60+ arrows are more than enough. Refilling takes about 10 seconds. Don't be so lazy - Meleè based chars have to heal and you have to refill.
[align=center][Image: birdtalon.png]
But crossbowmen can put their crossbow in the support slot, thus being able to carry a 2h, a xbow and 2 quivers. Why can't we?

Also, you're saying that bringing a barricade has to do with teamplay. So, having 3 or 4 guys blocking with shields (but I wonder what each of them are doing in the meantime xD), 2 or 3 guys standing still spamming overhead swings, and archers standing still while shooting at bots who get stuck behind those shields is teamplay? Well, in my town that's glitching.

Teamplay would be busting our balls and fight them as if it were a battle among players, not glitching - what even a grandma can do.

I'm sorry to say these things, but I just find it ridiculous and boring the way HM is supposed to be beaten - and how so many NI players usually play.