Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Afk
Hay just a suggestion but, either something like a vote kick system or preferably something within the coding that make it so if you have been inactive for more then 5mins you would be kicked.
I think this would help free up the servers abit Big Grin
[Image: NVWGT89.gif]
(23-01-2013, 05:27 AM)mariochief08 link Wrote: Hay just a suggestion but, either something like a vote kick system or preferably something within the coding that make it so if you have been inactive for more then 5mins you would be kicked.

Vote kicks and map voting is too open for abuse. So we do not use that.

Admins are often sitting in IRC/TS for this exact purpose. Jump in and tell one of us and if someone is around we will sort it out.

Timers are hard, as shielding for a long wave can sometimes take awhile when the player is sitting at their PC and playing the whole time.
i can see the problem there, but i believe this is a issue that needs to be solved but i guess if possible maybe a spectator kick?>

(23-01-2013, 05:52 AM)mariochief08 link Wrote: i can see the problem there, but i believe this is a issue that needs to be solved but i guess if possible maybe a spectator kick?>

Yet again, someone who knows they are going to be afk for say 1 wave may join spectator to not leech, and may end up being removed.

You are underestimating how quick a response you get from jumping on IRC and asking for a kick is.
ok thx Smile ill keep that in mind
From my experience, vote kicks on other games tend to serve their purpose as opposed to being used for abuse. Counter Strike (and Source etc.) are far more childish than the community here and people rarely get kicked. The other difficulty is getting people to vote, as most of the times some people just don't vote which makes it even harder to vote kick. Maybe make it higher confidence levels? 3/4ths of server is fairly hard to even convince them to vote, much less vote yes. Especially as newer players do not immediately know about going onto IRC.

BUT, I do agree with Ragnash's answer that there is almost always an admin on IRC that can do the kicky kicky if there is someone AFK. And since this game is centralized with admins across the world, there is always an admin on.

Map voting is a little gimmicky right now, especially as that would mean some unpopular maps would never see the light of day. If they were all relatively popular, I could see that being ok.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/l3m/
Also on NI TS and IRC.
Commando: [Lemon]
Sniper: SK_LemonAde
When I am playing native and doing well I consider the vote kick to be an affirmation of skill. If we enabled it, it would be too easily abused by people wanting to bomb servers and take them over. IRC is fast, as is TS.
(23-01-2013, 05:44 AM)Ragnash link Wrote: [quote author=mariochief08 link=topic=9215.msg75417#msg75417 date=1358918842]
Hay just a suggestion but, either something like a vote kick system or preferably something within the coding that make it so if you have been inactive for more then 5mins you would be kicked.

Vote kicks and map voting is too open for abuse. So we do not use that.

Admins are often sitting in IRC/TS for this exact purpose. Jump in and tell one of us and if someone is around we will sort it out.

Timers are hard, as shielding for a long wave can sometimes take awhile when the player is sitting at their PC and playing the whole time.
[/quote]

Map voting was abused to much at the start of NI. I would play with 2 or 3 friends get to wave 17 or so then 10 people would join and map poll for another as they didnt want to wait- all progress lost new map starts Sad
Exactly. And to put it in perspective, there was a troll on the Aussie servers yesterday. It took me about 30 seconds for me to fire up warband, log on to the server and ban him. I think we can all wait 30 seconds Smile
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
One solution would be if You could pick stationary players up and place them outside of the shield wall..... Smile If they move while being carried You drop them and then no problem but otherwise they go out to the nords Smile It would be hilarious too Big Grin But then You never ever could check ah or anything during a game without being tosses out to the nords
Favorite word: Defenestration - The act of throwing someone or something out of a window.