Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

New low-mid tier engineering item - caltrops
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQdfRLudz9tCrfp6n9tryM...s-RkwMZGsw]

Caltrops! Why not throw a handful of these out to slow Nords down?

Low tier engineering item - used to slow/slightly damage Nords. I could see them being placed in the path of an incoming wave and being used to slow them down so that ranged can take more out before they hit the cades. This could be amazingly useful in hardmode. Is there any existing asset in M&B coding that could simulate this slowdown?

"Many people die at twenty five and aren't buried until they are seventy five."
-Benjamin Franklin
Hmm, I am actually a really big fan of this idea. Obviously if it could be done, it would have to mean the slowdown doesn't stack, so no throwing heaps of caltrops at the bottom of stairs.
(26-04-2013, 06:13 PM)Ragnash link Wrote: Hmm, I am actually a really big fan of this idea. Obviously if it could be done, it would have to mean the slowdown doesn't stack, so no throwing heaps of caltrops at the bottom of stairs.

I'm thinking that the slowdown is an aoe kind of thing, and is not cumulative. Once an area has been covered, it doesn't matter how many people toss 'em down, the bots are always slowed/damaged at the same rate. Also, maybe they would be a timed effect, like active for 1-2 minutes when triggered.
-Benjamin Franklin
(26-04-2013, 06:43 PM)Sir_Eldras link Wrote: [quote author=Ragnash link=topic=12422.msg101394#msg101394 date=1367000002]
Hmm, I am actually a really big fan of this idea. Obviously if it could be done, it would have to mean the slowdown doesn't stack, so no throwing heaps of caltrops at the bottom of stairs.

I'm thinking that the slowdown is an aoe kind of thing, and is not cumulative. Once an area has been covered, it doesn't matter how many people toss 'em down, the bots are always slowed/damaged at the same rate. Also, maybe they would be a timed effect, like active for 1-2 minutes when triggered.
[/quote]

Yep, my thoughts exactly.
Wow, nice idea!
You got my support!
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
nice it can slow down cav but we have no more cav Big Grin maybe odin and tricksters
My Our Vodka Last During this Bloody War.
[spoiler]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Folly company ;D drop a msg here
http://forum.nordinv.com/index.php/topic,4990.135.html
Let me add that all of the work would go into coding the things, as modeling/texturing for them would be dead simple.
-Benjamin Franklin
Awesome Idea, i can already imagine the scene, save for putting these things on the floor ^^
Imperial_Eagle, Legionnaire
Zweiter_Imperial_Eagle, Zweihander
Puma, Chosen Marksman
Fennec_Fox, Master Peltast
Another_Imperial_Eagle, Sentinel

I would love to use these on my alts if they were implemented. Would allow my alts to load out with something more than just a deployable shield (:
Broad shouldered: LatinaHeat
Soft hands: Murrow
Soiled hands: Lantice
Queenie: Phe
Morale Tent: Ailish, Buki, Chasia,
(04-08-2012, 09:06 AM)Legend link Wrote:and you are a sex-object murrow  :Smile (and a guy who's a woman..)
Pretty good idea actually.