Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Compensating modelers for their work
I'd like to make it clear, I personally put a tonne of my time and effort, into making sure that community contributions make it into the game and are appreciated. Seeing people suggesting I don't even say 'thanks' is disconcerting. I do my best, while I try to personally thank each and every contributor, I also realize there is a chance I may have missed someone. Please accept my sincere apology and deepest thanks if I missed you. I hope you all can appreciate this.

But you should also realize modellers are not the only ones, (outside of the dev team) putting in many hours outside of NI, when they could be playing NI.
Just take a moment and think about the mappers, the admins, contributors on the forums (not general posts, but helpful posts which improve the NI community) and the leaders of the community (house leaders etc).

All of these people put MANY hours into improving NI in some form. Most of them on a regular basis. None of them are given items or other ingame rewards. Only the admins get the perk of being able to join full servers, but their workload is much greater.

Modellers do receive in game rewards, but only after considerable contribution. And their reward tends to be substantial.
None of the other contributors get rewards, EVER.

The reasons for this a numerable. As this is a game about acquisition (I will list a few reasons):
- We do not wish to dilute current items with a new inflow.
- Undermine current methods of acquisition.
- Create hostility in the player base towards contributors for a potentially 'easier' method of item gathering.

However, as I said before, I will look into this suggestion (globally, not just for modellers).

However, this is glossing over all the appreciation all contributors get. Both from the community and the Development team.

Once again, modellers stand to get the most public appreciation. Ingame items often become the goal of many to acquire and often admired for their beauty. They are obvious contributions, and get a lot of appreciation from the public.
Other contributions also get appreciation, but not nearly as broad or great as models do.

I personally try to show when I can, how much each and every contribution means not only to the Development of NI, but also to me. Without contributors, NI would not the mod it is today.

I will continue to look into this; but please in the meantime, while it may not be obvious or in item form, we do try to give a tonne of appreciation to all contributors (especially modellers).
I hope you can understand this.
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Compensating modelers for their work - by Senni - 27-08-2013, 06:26 PM
Re: Compensating modelers for their work - by evildan - 27-08-2013, 11:21 PM