Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Obligatory support items on Hard and Ragnarok
(15-04-2014, 12:18 AM)Slayer link Wrote: Again, you don't need an SHC, a simple bloody barricade will suffice. It's ridiculous. If you chose to spend like 350k on bear armour instead of 13k on a barricade, lol, nah we don't want you in the server.

If ANYONE in the server says "I cant afford 13k on a barricade", I would take a look at their armour/items and just laugh. Usually they're snipers but you know where this is going.

The fact that they're in those hard servers anyway means they can, in 1 hard run you can use the assist xp on gold and get a cade.

I suggest you take a look at what I have posted before, and review what you said. My post was directed towards the idea that people should have a SHC or higher in order to join. I was not talking about normal cades.
Furthermore, if you have read what I said, you would also have seen that I went deeper into the subject, and asked why there should be so many cades needed in the first place. Can't all aspects of the problem stated in this topic be solved by re-imagining the way hard and rag, and in particular their boss waves are handled?

Yes, with the way things are handled right now being in a run with 2-3 cade bringers is frustrating. I know, I've been there plenty of times, including today. I do not, however, think that mandatory support equipment is the way to go, whether it is a 300k or a 300 gold item you need. Adding such restrictions to what a player can do is something I personally am very much against.

Brainstorm imminent!
The catch to my own question of before though, is that I myself cannot think of even the slightest way to do things differently. Would more traditional boss battles from singleplayer RPGs work, with bosses with certain weaknesses that can be exploited through various difficult steps? Probably not. A more standard MMORPG way to handle instances, by having parties tank their way to a boss? Not likely. Fighting a massive boss with a huge group of players, Guild Wars 2 style? Sounds like an oversized Sleipnir fight (massacre) to me.
Changes like these, however, would fundamentally change everything NI is based upon, and make it a different game entirely. And that's not even mentioning the boundaries of Warband's module system.

Bah, I'm too tired to think of more options. Fact remains, I myself am against solutions like this one, and would argue to go deeper and change NI more fundamentally. But hey, who knows what the next patch has in store for us?
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."

Messages In This Thread
Re: Obligatory support items on Hard and Ragnarok - by Dark_Robin - 13-04-2014, 07:22 PM
Re: Obligatory support items on Hard and Ragnarok - by madjsoh - 14-04-2014, 04:53 PM
Re: Obligatory support items on Hard and Ragnarok - by Maroon - 15-04-2014, 01:02 AM
Re: Obligatory support items on Hard and Ragnarok - by madjsoh - 16-04-2014, 12:54 AM
Re: Obligatory support items on Hard and Ragnarok - by Suns - 16-04-2014, 03:25 AM