Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Obligatory support items on Hard and Ragnarok
While it might (might) be argued that borrowing stuff is too situational to be an effective counterargument, it's more that the absolute inability to join a server without a support item is overkill in my opinion. What about crossbowmen? What about semi-casual players, who can't afford a 300k obstacle? In fact, that gets me thinking. As an engineer, it is currently regarded as a near neccesity to have a SHC or better. And a medic? Medic boxes do fine on rag. So what about people who learn they need to have med boxes or a SHC? They check on the prices, and find they should either pay 300k or... 15k? Which of the 2 would randoms pick? The cheaper one, naturally. So how does that solve a lack of SHC on a random server? Instead, you'll get an abundance of med boxes.
And how about randoms who just started playing NI, and had already picked engineer as their support? They find that in order to be able to join, they'll have to save up for a SHC, which is a massive investment for them, in order to join rag in the first place.

All in all, I think there is indeed a shortage of cades on pub servers. However, I do not think it can or should be fixed by adding a requirement for people to join. Instead, I think we should look into the need to have that many cades in the first place. Why should we need to have 20 cades to hold a boss on rag? Isn't there any other option?
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."

Messages In This Thread
Re: Obligatory support items on Hard and Ragnarok - by Dark_Robin - 13-04-2014, 07:22 PM
Re: Obligatory support items on Hard and Ragnarok - by Maroon - 14-04-2014, 01:21 AM
Re: Obligatory support items on Hard and Ragnarok - by madjsoh - 14-04-2014, 04:53 PM
Re: Obligatory support items on Hard and Ragnarok - by madjsoh - 16-04-2014, 12:54 AM
Re: Obligatory support items on Hard and Ragnarok - by Suns - 16-04-2014, 03:25 AM