Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Obligatory support items on Hard and Ragnarok
(15-04-2014, 04:21 PM)Noname link Wrote: Another way to make more players bring cades could be to increase the drop chances for cade bringers a little (a little!) bit, eg 0,001% for bringing a barrel or tome. That was a reason for players to bring in some support - The drop chances already really low, so personally I would use every chance (Except hacking of course)  to improve my drop rates.

The better the support item is, the more increase for the drop rate.
(Just a suggestion  Wink)
The opposite is already true, though.  Bringing a Tome decreases drop rate by 50%, a Barrel by 30%, a Small Ammo Crate, Heavy Platform, Short Heavy or Surgeons by 20%, Barricades, Platforms and Medic Boxes by 10%, and everything under (Small Ammo Crate, Simple Medic Box, Deployable Shield) has no loss.  I don't know what the Deployable Shield Sets do.

Okay, now read the above again.  Do you see how ridiculous that sounds?  Increasing rather than decreasing would be just as ridiculous.  Hmmm, you have baited me into posting... I guess I need to actually contribute now.

Now for my actual response to the problem.  Short Heavy Barricades require Tier 4.  Tier 4 requires level 50.  Why not just decrease the requirement to Tier 3 Engineer?  It seems a massive amount of players think Normal Barricades are worthless (come on, admit it, there are people that would rather have no barricades than Normal ones and have voiced so in servers MANY times), and Heavy Barricades are only marginally better because they can be used to cover windows but aren't typically used for the frontal wall because they obstruct Swadian shooters.  If players can access a good barricade that people actually use at a sooner time, it is more likely that they will be willing to spend the tiny amount of money needed to make one.  Why waste 20k on something no one will use and some others will complain about?  The fact that people often choose not to use them in the wall because people get STUCK on them is also a concern.  You need to place them separate from the Short Heavy Barricades, otherwise the risk of being stuck gets higher and higher.

The effect of hero class should also be looked at.  I know the argument is over Barricades in general, but let's be honest.  People don't buy Normal Barricades because people don't like them.  I can quote several people saying they are worthless, ugly, unimportant, should be unequipped, or that people should just drop them in spawn or let them despawn so they do not clutter the base.  Short Heavy Barricades are the real Hard and Ragnarok mode barricades.  People will rush to level 32 through Normal so they can go to Hard for better experience and drops.  This brings them up to T2 support if they choose to level that.  They will then rush to 39 for Ragnarok and Tier 4 class and Tier 3 support so they can get to even better experience and drops.  What incentive is there to level up to 50 other than Tier 4 support?  The old incentive of Class Points for hybridization is gone.  People would rather save up their class points, get their T4 gear with their Assist XP > Gold conversions, and have some fun with their equipment AND not have to spend money on a respec if/when they decide to finally get to level 52 and go hero.  Going hero costs 750k and TONS of experience that could have instead been spent on Gold.  Short Heavy Barricades cost a meager ~300k.  People aren't not buying Short Heavies because they cost too much, they are not buying them because there is no incentive to level higher than 39 other than them and eventually hero class, and to be honest I'd prefer a pretty new shield, Striped Armor and eventually Transitional Armor, and decent enough armor and gear not to be made fun of than continue pouring experience into something that gives no real boost for several runs so I can finally hit level 50, then spend another 150k assist experience (30k gold, not much but it matters at that stage), and then finally buy a good barricade.  If Short Heavy Barricades were Tier 3, players would be much more willing to spend the little ~300k to get them.  This paragraph is a composition of statements made by several low-mid tier players that are late T3 or early T4 that I have talked to.  This is what new players are thinking, just in case anyone is wondering why they aren't bringing barricades and how they could be so unhelpful to the team.

I am not saying my solution is the only possibility or even assuring you that it would work.  This is only another possible solution to a problem that isn't forcing people to do stuff that I want to be considered.  Several times when crafting Short Heavy Barricades for people that really want to help the team I have had the distraught response, "Oh, only Siege Engineer can use it?!"  It just doesn't make sense.

Sorry for the word wall, hope I give some people ideas.  Thank you for your time.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Obligatory support items on Hard and Ragnarok - by Dark_Robin - 13-04-2014, 07:22 PM
Re: Obligatory support items on Hard and Ragnarok - by madjsoh - 14-04-2014, 04:53 PM
Re: Obligatory support items on Hard and Ragnarok - by Winter - 15-04-2014, 04:58 PM
Re: Obligatory support items on Hard and Ragnarok - by madjsoh - 16-04-2014, 12:54 AM
Re: Obligatory support items on Hard and Ragnarok - by Suns - 16-04-2014, 03:25 AM