Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Changing the Commando's Hero Classes
(14-05-2014, 05:42 PM)Niezdara link Wrote:[quote author=Maroon link=topic=26462.msg178417#msg178417 date=1400086464]
no-one picks Legionnaire. While the Legionnaire could do with a little buff, it currently fills no particular role in the game, and is thus not often chosen.

According to The great list of swadian heroes 25 out of 130 infantry heroes are Legionnaire. Quite a lot for "no-one". Especially when you look at other classes like Aventurier or Sentinel. Legionnaire role is ranged attack from behind barricades and emergency shielding.
[/quote]
Like Tyrion said, if you take a look at that same topic you mentioned, you'll see that approximately 5 of those 25 were picked when it was no longer on a discount, while 105 people picked the other 2 classes. While no-one is a hyperbole, my point is that only a few people would pay 750k for the class.

You're probably right, Harlaus, that the Legionnaire is redundant, that's also part of my point in the OP. I don't think, however, that wouldn't be changed if the 2 classes were to merge. Legionnaire as it is fills a tiny, tiny niche in the game, so why not add that niche to a class like the Zweihander? The Zweihander would still be as efficient as the Legionnaire was in filling that niche, but it's no longer his single role. It's no longer as useful as a standard Commando at everything but that small area.
In fact, I think that having 3 choices for every main class is one too many, perhaps with the exception of the Pikeman. The Commando, Sniper and Sharpshooter can all be moved pretty effectively into 2 groups, which leaves a third option, which is more like, "Gee, we haven't covered one handed yet. Let's try that one out." I think the Sentinel and Ranger, for example, can be merged just as well as the Legionnaire and the Zweihander.
Perhaps it would be best for the new Zweihander to drop the throwing as a whole, as that also feels kind of redundant, but that might upset people who picked Legionnaire for the throwing specifically.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."

Messages In This Thread
Changing the Commando's Hero Classes - by Maroon - 14-05-2014, 04:54 PM
Re: Changing the Commando's Hero Classes - by Maroon - 14-05-2014, 07:40 PM
Re: Changing the Commando's Hero Classes - by Suns - 14-05-2014, 11:02 PM
Re: Changing the Commando's Hero Classes - by madjsoh - 15-05-2014, 06:31 AM
Re: Changing the Commando's Hero Classes - by madjsoh - 16-05-2014, 06:41 AM
Re: Changing the Commando's Hero Classes - by Suns - 17-05-2014, 04:08 AM