Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Thoughts on Hero class equipment
With the recent debate concerning Rangers and their choices of bows, I've done some thinking regarding Hero classes and their weapons of choice.
As it stands now, almost every Hero class is centered around a single kind of equipment. The Marauder, for example, focuses on polearms, while the Halberdier focuses more on heavy armor. This leaves a couple of classes as the odd ones out, like the Sentinel, Aventurier, and arguably the Legionnaire. This made me wonder though; why should there be only one class for one kind of item?

To keep things somewhat related to the Ranger debate, lets pick Snipers as an example. As it stands now, the Warden gets better with bows, and the Ranger gets better armor.
An example of what I've been thinking would be the following: give the Warden light, quick, and shorter ranged bows, along with light-weight armor, while the Ranger gets slow, powerful and long-range bows, along with the heavier and bulkier armor they have now. The Sentinel would then get a selection of both categories of bows, though without access to the strongest ones, but retain their one handed skills.

As for the Sharpshooter, heavy, slow, hard hitting crossbows like the Big Shot could be given to one class, say, the Chosen Marksman, while the Aventurier would get faster, weaker crossbows like the Repeaters, or the Eagle Crossbow if that ever gets released. The Pavise is strong enough on itself with the better armor and shields they get.
This would end up having to use quite a lot of new items, but that's not an insurmountable obstacle.

Any thoughts on this?
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."

Messages In This Thread
Thoughts on Hero class equipment - by Maroon - 28-07-2014, 01:37 AM
Re: Thoughts on Hero class equipment - by Dark_Robin - 28-07-2014, 01:53 AM
Re: Thoughts on Hero class equipment - by Weiner - 28-07-2014, 02:52 AM
Re: Thoughts on Hero class equipment - by Suns - 28-07-2014, 05:46 AM