Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

My thoughts on a lack of mid-level priced one handers for commandos
(29-07-2014, 12:30 AM)synario link Wrote: Not to alarm anybody, I'm still just brain-storming and bouncing ideas off people. So to rip loose:

Would a short, thrusting spear (think spartans, a 5-6 foot long spear, very easily used in one-hand while holding a shield in the other) be a viable one hander? I'm guessing some people would object to this, considering it is a spear would it fall between the polearm or one-handed category? To make it a valid one-hander, it'd need to be short enough, and more importantly it has to be fast to make it viable.

[Image: 312px-Two_hoplites.jpg]

This isn't a fully-serious suggestion, just bouncing ideas off people here.

Spears get around 30% damage and speed reduction when being used one handed. Given this fact a spear would have to be extremely op while being used without a shield to be any viable used in hoplite mode. Other than that spears use pole wpf in one handed mode. All in all I don't see any useful side of a short and fast spear to be used in 1H mode (for a Legionnaire at least).
Appareantly I gave most of my loot chance to Fara. Mostly AFG, rise from the ashes from time to time.

Loots:
Shield of Kings - 18.10.2014
Dwarf Axe - 16.01.2017

CC_Wild_Garlic_Pesto
CC_Green_Pesto
CC_RNG_sits_on_my_face

-"Every fart is a gamble now" Bluzark 19.02.2017

Messages In This Thread
Re: My thoughts on a lack of mid-level priced one handers for commandos - by Mr.Peso - 29-07-2014, 12:39 AM