Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Which Hero Class is the Best Bang for your Buck?
If you're somebody who enjoys Cav mode, I'd recommend Legionnaire. Swinging a giant two hander from horseback is slow and likely to get you peppered with shots in later waves, so the advantages of being a Zweihander are nullified. Now imagine you have uber one-hander proficiency (and uber one handed weapons availaible to you), a shield and the ability to throw projectiles. Sounds pretty neat.
I have an RG and a Zwei, I'm making a Legionnaire specifically (but not exclusively) for this reason. And I'm Australian. And we don't even have a dedicated Cav server.

Generally, when picking a class, I'd ask myself "how can I be of most use to my team?". Nowadays - when ranged are less likely to be duped into melee - a Legionnaire seems like a good choice for rushing out and clearing them safely at the end of the round. You also have the option of going ranged yourself, in those commando-heavy servers when slashing spots are taken.

Please don't be:
One of those Legionnaires who rambos after every respawn, get's overwhelmed, dies, then is a burden for the next three waves.
OR
The Legionnaire who sits and throws and when asked if he/she can assist in slashing replies: "uh, I'm Legionnaire"; and does not come to help. Protecting shielders is one of the most important jobs non-shielders have.

A legionnaire can be the most useful guy in your team, or a dead weight, depending on the player.
Zweihanders are alright too  ;D

Messages In This Thread
Re: Which Hero Class is the Best Bang for your Buck? - by Hoplonski - 19-03-2015, 03:03 AM