Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Nord Invasion about to fizzle out.
First time back and looking at the forums in about... 2 1/2 years or so...

I used to spend all my time playing this mod with a half dozen of my gaming mates, as it was an absolute hoot when we started about 4 years ago. We had our own server, and enforced a play style that deliberately reduced the amount of 'cheaping' players would employ. I'm talking 'the last' and deliberate respawns.

I saw a particular House complete all the waves by using the barricading tactic, as opposed to the chaos that used to prevail before it. All of a sudden, every map and every change to the game catered to this tactic. We even saw members of this particular House admitted to the admin and development team.

Gradually, the chaotic nature of the game that saw NO-ONE get to the last wave and survive became one great big turkey shoot... and boy did it get fraternised, sycophantic and boring as shit.

House servers were removed, so we couldn't enforce the way we played anymore -- even though we were paying for our own space -- and the market became ridiculously inflated, where the only way to progress was to farm for 10 weeks in barricade after barricade or lick the incumbent House's arsehole to get insider deals.

The arrogance of the admins/devs and their inability to listen to those with constructive feedback, combined with this 'how are we going to challenge the caders' mentality created a rot that couldn't be stopped.

I don't care how the kiting is prevented (players marginally slower than the AI seems best), but this mod will most certainly die unless the gameplay is opened up to allow for freeform battle once more. The AI is too stupid to deal with 'tactical' (I say tactical, but really, it's a single cheap tactic) play, but in a swarm on open ground, it offers a challenge that is difficult to overcome when the force balance is 4:1.

Some people might pipe up and say, 'but this game is better than it ever was'. I, and everyone I know who put a decent amount of time into it, disagree.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Nord Invasion about to fizzle out. - by Kip - 27-07-2015, 09:24 PM
Re: Nord Invasion about to fizzle out. - by Kip - 27-07-2015, 09:41 PM
Re: Nord Invasion about to fizzle out. - by DR. - 28-07-2015, 08:20 AM
Re: Nord Invasion about to fizzle out. - by bob - 28-07-2015, 11:30 PM
Re: Nord Invasion about to fizzle out. - by bob - 29-07-2015, 01:03 PM
Re: Nord Invasion about to fizzle out. - by DR. - 04-08-2015, 09:42 AM
Re: Nord Invasion about to fizzle out. - by DR. - 06-08-2015, 05:20 AM
Re: Nord Invasion about to fizzle out. - by Noidenous - 21-08-2015, 12:36 PM