Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Shields testing project
(07-10-2015, 10:57 AM)Madjosh link Wrote: this would be almost impossible to do, if I recall correctly, shield mechanics in warband let alone NI are some of the most difficult to comprehend. For example, the bonus against shield modifier changes the equation in which shield resistance works quite drastically meaning shields with higher hitpoints would outlast shields with higher resistance. pierce damage also affects shields in an unusual way. if you really want to bang on an RG's shields for hours on end then hats off to you. But the results would likely not show a honest and decisive victor. As a logical rule of thumb, one would think shield stats have been balanced in a way that the smaller the shield, the tougher it is, the larger the shield the weaker.

also, someone did go to the time and effort to create a somewhat comprehensive shield stat chart a while ago. i can not be bothered digging for it however, and it is no doubt outdated as per the latest shield stat changes.

pretty much this. The thing that really messes it up is the speed bonus - it's too inconsistent to really have an accurate reading on how many hits it would take.

the same goes for an equation. even though you can control your speed bonus through footwork techniques and mouse movement, it's always going to be a ballpark, making an equation impossible unless you input a 'dice roll'-esque feature into the equation.

either that or you could just stand in one place and not move your mouse or WASD and just upswing until the shield breaks
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off

Messages In This Thread
Shields testing project - by Bobo - 07-10-2015, 06:49 AM
Re: Shields testing project - by Donovan - 07-10-2015, 10:57 AM
Re: Shields testing project - by Bobo - 07-10-2015, 01:14 PM
Re: Shields testing project - by Swadius - 07-10-2015, 06:12 PM
Re: Shields testing project - by happymonkey99 - 07-10-2015, 07:10 PM
Re: Shields testing project - by Terath86 - 07-10-2015, 07:38 PM
Re: Shields testing project - by Bobo - 07-10-2015, 08:04 PM