Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Weapon perks and 1 more idea.
(27-10-2015, 04:40 PM)MatthewO link Wrote: Hello!

Today i was thinking while playing as shielder on Hard server. What about to implement something like weapon/armor perks? You´ll add perk on weapon and it will have for example +2dmg, or +2 speed.
Something like that with armors, +2 armor....  (not sure if it´s possible so do not flame me guys!)

Second idea is idea by SPQR_grolla, why is not there a system of transforming shi*ty weapons etc. to materials, it would be really helpful and i think even fair.

Please write your opinions.

Weapon/armor upgrade perks:

Feel free to correct me here, but to add weapon perks like you have suggested would mean that you would have to add many different variants of the same model/item with stat changes in each variant to achieve "perks". This would mean thousands upon thousands more models and items that the game needs to load just to have variants/modifiers. I'm aware of the modifier system that native Warband uses, but it'd still take a shit ton of work just for a little variation between weapons. However, if the the modifier system for Warband is simple, then maybe it'd be implementable. It's much easier to add one model that serves as a variant of a model than it is to add seven of the same model just for variety's sake. It's possible, but as it stands it's so impractical to implement that it's really just not worth it.

I like the second idea though. Take a long time to define what every item would turn in to once scrapped, but it's a nice idea.
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off

Messages In This Thread
Weapon perks and 1 more idea. - by MatthewO - 27-10-2015, 04:40 PM
Re: Weapon perks and 1 more idea. - by Terath86 - 27-10-2015, 05:26 PM
Re: Weapon perks and 1 more idea. - by Namakan - 27-10-2015, 05:57 PM
Re: Weapon perks and 1 more idea. - by MatthewO - 27-10-2015, 07:03 PM
Re: Weapon perks and 1 more idea. - by Bobo - 27-10-2015, 09:09 PM
Re: Weapon perks and 1 more idea. - by Donovan - 28-10-2015, 04:10 AM
Re: Weapon perks and 1 more idea. - by Bobo - 28-10-2015, 05:45 AM
Re: Weapon perks and 1 more idea. - by Donovan - 28-10-2015, 06:28 AM
Re: Weapon perks and 1 more idea. - by Looter - 28-10-2015, 02:30 PM
Re: Weapon perks and 1 more idea. - by MatthewO - 28-10-2015, 04:24 PM