Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Prevent Server Jumping with rewards!
I see the thread has been locked already but I'll throw in my thoughts anyway.

The idea of encouraging people not to jump off a server when a run ends does interest me.  Certainly, some people are just ready for a break.  I fully understand that.  Others want to switch to a different difficulty.  Again, nothing wrong with that.  The two reasons that do annoy me are just looking for another run already in progress or trying to avoid a map.

Yes, I know there are maps that people don't like because they are harder or slower and I'm sure that some of them could be modified in one way or another but I don't want to turn this into a "buff maps" sort of thing.  Having some harder maps for variety can be a nice change of pace.

Getting back to the suggestion of rewarding people who stay on the server - I can't really say if this would be the best way to encourage people to stay or not but I do find it an interesting goal to consider.

Now a notion only tangentially related: Sometimes I wish NordInvasion was a bit faster paced; something you can dip into for a short time or still keep playing run after run.  Depending on the mode and the map, runs can take quite a chunk of time which is why sometimes, a lot of people are ready for a break by the end.  I don't mean I want it easier, just less demanding on time.  Perhaps it just does not fit our game but it is something to think about.
CC_Warden_Kip | CC_Sentinel_Kip | CC_Guard_Kip | CC_Zweihander_Kip | CC_Marksman_Kip | CC_Pavise_Kip | CC_Peltast_Kip | CC_Marauder_Kip | others...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prevent Server Jumping with rewards! - by Kip - 06-05-2016, 02:56 AM