Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Theorycrafting: The Shield Wall
Been meaning to make this thread for a while, but was too lazy to make the pictures in paint. I did not include archers in the pictures, since their positions are independent of whatever formation you take.

Anyway, I'm sure you're all familiar with the traditional shield wall, with slashers (whether commando or pikeman) in the gaps:

While this is effective, I think it can be improved upon by taking advantage of the polearm's capability to overhead through teammates, especially with the new 2 handed changes, though it would require a bit more coordination in getting into formation, in addition to requiring pikemen, who are somewhat rare.

Note that even before this patch, 1-handed/shield slashers did not take backswing damage, which opens up a few possibilities:

Shield wall with one handed slashers ready to shield if one of the shielders goes down:
Maximum defense wall:
Maximum offense shield wall:
Note that the number of shielders/slashers will vary with the size of the gap that you are shielding, the pictures are just to give a general idea of what the wall is composed of, and where each role should stand.

Messages In This Thread
Theorycrafting: The Shield Wall - by Huscarlton_Banks - 27-06-2012, 03:48 PM
Re: Theorycrafting: The Shield Wall - by Swadius - 27-06-2012, 10:46 PM
Re: Theorycrafting: The Shield Wall - by Relik - 15-07-2012, 10:00 AM
Re: Theorycrafting: The Shield Wall - by Swadius - 15-07-2012, 11:04 AM