Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

A suggestion to make infantry more usefull.
One of the problems, that i have with infantry is that they are not so usefull when it comes to the teamplay or surviving a nordwave in general. 
There is no use in being a zweihander when a marauder can do the same thing but better. 
Juggernaut is especialy useless because that requires someone to ectually fight against a horde of nords in a battle, even with the best armour they will get easily stunned and overwelmed by nords.
Royal guard and legionaire are more usefull but can easilly be replaced by marauders and pavises, altough a pavise shield isnt as strong as the Royal guards is, two pavises or even the other crossbow classes can switch shielding when needed. Royal guards can do this to but can only shash or in the case when there already are slashers stand and watch. Crossbmen can make up for that loss with a powerfull crossbow.

Here is my solution to this problem.
The armour should be buffed a lot up to 120 or less or above but definitelyhave a increase, i am talking about the best armour you can get atm but the weaker armours also need to be buffed acordingly. The reason for this is that you want to get the armour in such a zone that enemy nords wil glance of easily but still can do 3 to 10 damage, this way a infantry wont get stunlocked.
Wich makes infantry a lot more viable, this allows you to better balance infantry by inceasing and decreasing theyre health.
But the armour should also be very heavy, something like 50 weight for the body armour alone so that infantry cant easily run away from a fight as they are much more powerfull now.
Meyby with this boost in armour they can even do a normal run on theyre own just like archers kiting, but in hard they meyby can get to level 6 and probily die because altough the hits glance of, the fast hitting assasins can easily do a good amount of damage before you get the chance to kill all of them not to mention the boss.
Ive been mostly talking in perspective of hard. I know this maybe op in normal but so is a archer, the reason i dont care as much about normal is that when you come to that point where you gear is very expansive and good there is no need to get a legendary between 1.5 and 10 mil, its just not woth it to play for so long and chances are realy random.

I hope this helps with creating infantry a more playable and fun class. And i would love to see maybe even different solutions to this problem, if you think it even is a problem.

Messages In This Thread
A suggestion to make infantry more usefull. - by superpowres - 07-07-2017, 03:51 PM