Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Controversial idea, class limits to servers for the sake of fairness?
(16-09-2017, 11:04 PM)Kip Wrote: On the technical side, the best we could do would be to lock people in spec if their class did not match the filter and maybe kick them (not very user friendly).  The filter itself would be problematic since Pikeman and Legionnaire can play either as infantry or as ranged.

On the "should we" side, I would prefer to come up with some way to encourage the use of melee rather than use arbitrary restrictions.  As far as how to do that, I'm not sure.

As I see it, part of the "problem" might be that infantry arguably has more negatives than ranged does because you have to go within striking distance of the Nords instead of sniping them from a distance which gives more chances to get hit by shotgun arrows or Nordic melee.  Simply dropping the Nord damage might lessen that drawback but then the game as a whole would be easier so to some extent, this is also related to "how do we make Ragnarok harder" question.

Anyway, long story short: I'm not convinced that putting class restrictions on servers is a suitable option.

Main problem with inf has always been late hard mode and rag.  As you said, you have to be within range of the nords to do anything.  Problem with this is on harder waves they will 1-2 hit you even with the top end game gear and you have to hit one bot like 50 times.  I'd suggest either lowering the melee dmg of certain bots or raising the infantry armor values and weapon damage to better balance the risk vs reward of engaging in melee.  

It has always been fun fighting in close quarters, but when you have to put yourself in such danger and land so many attacks to even scratch an enemy, why bother?  On top of this, warband melee tends to feel a bit clunky when you're in close with more than 1-2 enemies near by.  I could just go ranged and land 1-2 headshots for the same kill all from the safety of barricades.  I love melee classes but tbh most of the time it just doesnt feel "worth it" when the advantages of ranged classes are just so staggering.

edit: Bring back unlimited tomes and I'll bring back the heroic commando charges -_^

Messages In This Thread
RE: Controversial idea, class limits to servers for the sake of fairness? - by Tsukiyomi - 17-09-2017, 02:08 AM