Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Change Legendary chance to pseudorandom
(29-01-2019, 06:13 PM)Malong Wrote:
(29-01-2019, 05:49 PM)Terath Wrote: Personally, my ideal loot system would be similar to NKP, except it wouldn't rely on kills, but instead being present for spawn waves / to fully complete the run. 
A way to present this would be to give 5 (x) for completing a full run (all 5 spawns), and each spawn is 1 (x). So, if somebody joins on wave 6 and completes the run, they get 3 (x). It's not a full run, so they don't get rewarded for joining way late, but they still get something out of it, and it's effectively fair.

I think we are presenting the same idea:

(05-12-2013, 09:13 AM)Malong Wrote: Basically you would get points for bosses that you have spawned. For example (using ragnarok), you could get 10 * number of the boss, and 150 nkp for participating all 20 waves in a successful ragnarok server.

Though I added the idea of weighting bosses differently with a toy example as "number of the boss." Taking out the coefficient for the game mode, Heimdallr would be 1 point, Hodur and Tyr 2 points, ..., Odin 5 points. Using your example (and again removing any coefficient for game mode), someone carrying out a full Ragnarok game would get 15 points, and someone spawning in at wave 7 would get 12 points.

(29-01-2019, 05:49 PM)Terath Wrote: I don't know how many (x) you would need to get a legendary, but it'd have to be a fuck lot, as to not flood the market with legendaries and make them worthless.

I put forth an abstract form of projecting rarity and weighting a required number of boss deaths here:

(05-12-2013, 09:13 AM)Malong Wrote: You could also allow hoarding these for the very ra[r]e boss drops in tiers that require 100, 200, 300 successful runs, which will take anywhere from over a month to multiple months for even the most hardcore players.

Jesus, they really are similar, it looks like I experienced cryptomnesia. My bad.

I'm unsure about the inclusion of bosses as a factor. For me, I wanted it to just be based off of playtime. It would absolutely make sense that killing Odin is worth more than killing Heimdallr, though. So I wonder if just running both systems next to eachother would work just as fine as long as the run pool needed to get a legendary is larger as a result; it would be reliant on both spawn waves and the amount / magnitude of boss(es) killed, abstract numbers notwithstanding.

I feel that around 100 runs is a good number, but additionally because I think that separating the (NKP?) pools into three separate pools for each mode would be a good addition. Normal mode would net you orange legendaries, hard would net you both orange and base-class red legendaries and Ragnarok would net you both class-specific and base-class legendaries. Separating the pools means that the innate difficulty of the different gamemode panders to what you're farming for; it makes sense that it would be easier to farm for a Dragon Axe on Normal, because Normal is the easiest (besides beginner) mode, and it makes sense that it would be really hard to farm for an Ailadrodd on Ragnarok in comparison. Hopefully, this would get a lot of people playing modes like Normal or Hard more, which would be nice.

For me, the ideal timeframe of earning a legendary is around 3-4 months. I'm not even going to attempt to do calculations for how many runs that would be, because I suck at math, but I think that 3-4 months of consistent play should net you at least one legendary a year, based on your effort.
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off

Messages In This Thread
RE: Change Legendary chance to pseudorandom - by Terath - 29-01-2019, 06:45 PM