Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more
(20-11-2012, 09:57 AM)Senni link Wrote: That's awesome Ryu, hope it works Tongue.

Thanks mate, i think it will Smile.

(20-11-2012, 11:37 AM)_Sophie_ link Wrote: Realistic  :o

Thanks Sophie. I bet it will turn out more fantasiesh than realistic when it's finished, i cant really model realistic things that much Big Grin.

(20-11-2012, 01:40 PM)Dragonknight link Wrote: Looks really awesome  Big Grin

I played the mod PoP and theres a plate armour (like the one you made) with a place for the players banner at the chest.

This would make the armour even better imo but its just an idea and I dont know how to model this  Tongue

Heres a screenshot made ingame:

EDIT: This one has just some green colour at the chest because I was too lazy to search for the right one.

Thanks mate. That requires some material work in openbrf i think, which i have no idea how to make it happen (i guess its something about transparency, not sure).

(20-11-2012, 03:29 PM)Nici link Wrote: Nice ryu:

Thanks Nici.

(25-11-2012, 07:12 AM)Jarold link Wrote: Finally someone made a decent looking plate armor. I think its amazing, you should make a closed helmet that matches the armor for those ugly faces.

Thanks Jarold. I'm thinking to make a T face barbute helmet with brush mohawk on it(like the Roman helmets). So i guess we cant evade showing our ugly faces Tongue hehehe.

(26-11-2012, 03:46 PM)Peter_File link Wrote: looks great keep it up.
Thank you Peter.

----------------------------

Now about the armor; i had to work on copying rigging in openbrf, changing it's mesh countless times, trying diferent native armors' rigs to copy... it was a disaster and i spent more than 10 hours just to make it work :/. Its not that good, there are some glitching parts which i couldnt find a way to fix; however its kinda usable now which is a good news for me Smile.

Final model is not how i wanted it to be; forearm gauntlets are too big(to make it usable with other warband models), legs are too thin(copying rigging and softening-stiffering it made that one :/ ), shoulder areas have some glitchings; all because i lack the rigging skills. Here is the last shape of the mesh, rendered in Blender;
[Image: FLhS2.png]

After wasting hours on it at the end, i had to tear model apart(outer parts) and assign them on bones one by one; and then combine all together to make it usable. So those are the non-textured meshes with some ambient occlusion to show the shape of armor in-game. I must say i love openbrf, its really a great tool. (I had no idea ao can be baked on meshes ;D):
[Image: Tda8W.jpg]
[Image: s5g3S.jpg]
[Image: bFwXh.jpg]
[Image: DuR1V.jpg]

Let me tell you upfront; there is no way to change the mesh shape anymore without braking the rig, this is how it works at its best unfortunately. Now i'll make a suitable helmet and will start texturing. I hope you guys like it Smile.
Attack of the smileys! Beware!

Messages In This Thread
Retexturing - by Ryu - 23-07-2012, 02:54 PM
Re: Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more - by Ryu - 29-11-2012, 07:51 AM