Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: Do you think my survival guide helps you in this mod?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
It helps alot
38.98%
23 38.98%
It helps.
44.07%
26 44.07%
Maybe.
10.17%
6 10.17%
Not much
1.69%
1 1.69%
Doesnt help at all
5.08%
3 5.08%
Total 59 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

|| Wave Survivor Guide (UPDATED V0.27 ) ||
(21-11-2011, 07:53 PM)Johao link Wrote: Well, Swadian village has been abused to the point where it becomes exp farming, co-op isnt about mindless slashing and winning, but tackling the enemies with tactics. There has to be a limit where a lone soldier can do so little when going solo.

Strengthen Starting Waves: Peasents with fists? They cant even put a dent on shields! Give them sickles, quarterstaffs, clubs, and shields, just like the original recruits in M&B. Give them blunt peasent weapons so armoured players have something to fear before going rambo. Like in cRPG's Defend the Virgin, the first wave are still widely feared for their long range quarterstaffs

Sentinels: There can be heavily armoured crossbowmen with uber armour and wielding a siege crossbow, placed in ships or towers where it is inaccessible by players, will rain bolts down anyone who dare venture into the spawn point. They cannot be bested even on range combat, which will discourage spawnkillers.

Home Base Bonus: There has to be an advantage where staying back home will give an edge towards the players and not seperating from the group(+1 assist exp per kill in home base, just to balance it out). There has to be gizmos and functions scattered around the home base to be proved useful to form a passable defence. Full invasion does that with random purchase boxes and barricade shops.

Distance: My only gripe with Swadian Village is that the distance between the player spawn point is tooooo far that players dont have the patience to sit all day. Action must be delivered fast and easy for the hungry players.

If you do a bit of research in the forums, the peasants were initially armed as your suggested, blunt weapons, recruit armor etc. This lead to mass complaints that the first waves were too hard! It's a fine balancing act, but I think there will be a sliding xp scale added so the xp you get is based off your level and the level of the enemy you kill (with maybe a minimum of 1xp to keep the higher levels happy?) This would accelerate lower level players whilst at the same time even out the higher levels who 1 hit kill everything.

I agree that there should be a way to keep players back working together, as that is where the most fun is to be had! However currently its very difficult to encourage such gameplay when players have the 'must get a kill mentality', even if it means they get swamped and killed as soon as the next round spawns.

I'm always open to ideas so keep the suggestions flowing! Also please note that this mod is still in its very early stages so not everything is going to be perfect from the start Wink

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Wave Survivor guide,keep your head down! - by Jez - 21-11-2011, 08:16 PM
Re: || Wave Survivor Guide || - by Roran - 03-12-2011, 07:04 PM