Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Will cavalry become obsolete in hardmode?
When I first joined this mod I decided that I wanted to go pure cav because they seemed to be the rarest class. Then I started to learn more and more about cavalries disadvantage's (map pool, massive stat disadvantage, xp stuff etc) and started having doubts, but stayed strong even through 0.2.9. Then 0.3.0 came out along with hardmode, which is filled with ranged (which will in turn slow the horse, rendering cav useless). I am now having serious doubts as whether to remain aiming for 0/2/4.

Currently I am thinking I should switch to 0/4/2, because I am already 0/0/2. I would really like to remain cavalry because although in my eyes they are the weakest of the 3 classes, I would like to remain playing it. If I reach a point while being 0/2/4 of doing nothing but herding for the first minute of a wave...well I can't see myself playing that character.

What are your opinions community? And am I the only one who is having doubts?

P.S. I joined a hard server and watched (spec) snipers and commando's alike get absolutely obliterated on the first wave, then played when there were under 6 people (apparently extra bots don't spawn then?) and herded for the archers.
I went out of my way to keep their gaming experience top priority, while still learning about hardmode. Don't yell at me for knowing this while being level 25 please.

Messages In This Thread
Will cavalry become obsolete in hardmode? - by Straws - 16-01-2012, 08:54 AM