Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Teamwork?
(24-11-2011, 08:04 PM)Johao link Wrote: [quote author=Jez link=topic=145.msg875#msg875 date=1322156223]
I totally agree with everything you've said, and I just got off a server and can see what you mean! This is so tricky to combat by the very nature of the game and some of the players, this is why the next patch will focus on introducing hard/hardcore mode (name TBD) and we will probably have at least 1 server running this permanently.

Essentially what it will be is a completely revamped troop tree for more serious players, for example:

Wave 1: Nord Recruit (basic sword/shield/armor) - if you try to solo these you will get mobbed and eaten alive
Wave 2: Similar to Nord Chuff
Wave 3: more Nord Recruit
Wave 4: Nord Boss with support (fairly high level stuff)
etc.etc.

And whats the reward you say? Well, selfish players who run out to the spawn etc. will get absolutely raped. hardcore. no question about it! How about the reward for players that work well as a team? Well all the enemies in hardcore mode will have something close to a 4x multiplier for xp/gold. So a Nord Recruit (equivalent to peasant) will be worth around 10-15xp!

Do you think this would help alleviate some of the problems?

I think the wave suggestions are abit too hardcore considering we spawn in 4 waves.

Perhaps I might be thinking too far in this, but what about 3 modes?

Easy mode should be like what we currently have now, whilsts EXP is down by 1/2, for training purposes. Boss waves should be nerfed particularly for this game mode.

Medium mode is the more beefed up variant, with the peasents wearing tunics and armed with sickles/knifes/clubs/shields. This is the normal variant of Nord Invasion with the same assist EXP amount that requires some extensive teamwork. Solo is not an option

Hardcore is as the waves you have quoted above. EXP should be 3 times more to offset the difficulty, teamwork is REQUIRED for this option.

A solution to stop early cavlary EXP hogging is to introduce anti-Cav units with spears specifically designed to deal triple damage against cav but not on foot, I've seen this done before in some single-player mods, where spear bracing mode(horse just touch the spear tip and the damage goes ballistics) can decimate any sort of charging calvary towards the spearman. If you can implement these features more people would be catious before charging like a one-man army with their charger horse.

But of course, these anti-Cav units are crap in infantry combat and wear no shields. Good tactics to take them out first for the calvary to charge in.
[/quote]

Yay horse archery!
I was the first Horse-Archer you know?

Messages In This Thread
Teamwork? - by Johao - 24-11-2011, 12:42 PM
Re: Teamwork? - by Jez - 24-11-2011, 05:37 PM
Re: Teamwork? - by JOPO - 24-11-2011, 05:57 PM
Re: Teamwork? - by Polobow - 24-11-2011, 06:15 PM
Re: Teamwork? - by Melvarius - 24-11-2011, 06:30 PM
Re: Teamwork? - by Johao - 24-11-2011, 08:04 PM
Re: Teamwork? - by Melvarius - 25-11-2011, 05:23 AM
Re: Teamwork? - by VoloDiA - 27-11-2011, 09:34 AM