Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: Do you feel like the Devs are taking this mod in the right direction with the last couple of patches and map changes/removals?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
62.71%
37 62.71%
No
37.29%
22 37.29%
Total 59 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Poll: Do you feel like the Devs are taking this mod in the right direction?
Yes bug have to be fixed, but bug is in AI not in map. It seems it is really hard to alter bot AI behavior(only mod i remember, which do it is Prophecy of Pendor), so probably removing choke points is best working solution, considering limit of resources. But is archer get stuck bug so important, they stuck only on one condition if WHOLE team was staying between table with health regeneration and town gate, which is not possible without using huge amount of shields through spawn abusing to control movement of bots, because melee bots will just flank and force defenders to retreat.
Now Swadia Town is kind of the corridor map, only vital tactic for inf now is moving backward and doing double feints to trick bots. It is quite repetitive and boring. Im not against corridor map, often playing mountain pass, if i got bored i just changed to Swadia town and put shield wall under the gate. Bad thing now i have no this option.

As i said, i think clearing map of dep shield wall at the end of round will solve the spawn-dep shield wall abusing by definition. It can be done by restarting map after each round.

Also it is obvious that dep shields were not intended to be used as barricades, their purpose is to defend against archer fire, not to hold or control nords movement, so moving them to support slot is logic decision. But it seems people like the idea about to place and use barricades. Hope devs will make some more replacement for dep shields as barricades.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Poll: Do you feel like the Devs are taking this mod in the right direction? - by ster - 30-01-2012, 11:31 AM