Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Legionnaire ideas
(08-06-2013, 02:15 PM)Barristan link Wrote:I also don't see a good reason to give them such a huge amount of ammo. The legionnaire is supposed to be tied to the unit and therefor tied to supplies.

Super fast throwing also seems a bit much. The legionnaire is supposed to throw a few volleys of pilum into the enemy, not to spam them like a porcupine. The idea is also that they should be inaccurate and target groups, they are troops to meet the mass of enemy not to snipe and kite.

i agree with the underlined, it was just an idea but i do belive having a fast pilum/javelin with low ammo would be beneficial. That way you could kill enemy ranged at range aswell. Perhaps only 4 or so per a pack and very good damage compared to the rest of his weapons? Would prevent them from being spammed somewhat and still allow to do that damage at ranged without being totally destroyed by archers.
(That way you bring max 12 + shield if you go outside the cades or 16 if you stay inside (Only 8 with a one handed weapon).
Pretty tied to the resupply in my opinion.

As for the head: I do not know how powerful the best helmet in the game is against ranger headshots unfortunately but instead of giving them the best maybe giving them a cost effective 2nd best with only 1 or 2 less head armor? or something along those lines just to protect their head better? If someone is going to go out of the barricades to deal with the rangers he ought to have a good shield and a head armor slot just for the small chance that it would save you.

I understand the armor part. mostly i was thinking more along the lines of a unique set that would make them easier to be recognised. Shielders have shields and aegis. Zwei's got those beast like swords and legion could have the tower shield so that's not that important. Maybe just a unique cost effective helmet like i said which is not overpowered but gives good protection for a moderate cost.

I've also just remembered something else i was thinking off.
Blunt one handed weapons. There's a very poor selection of those and none that would be good enough to justify their use. Perhaps giving some to the legion with moderate damage but good weight (more knockdowns) to deal with 2 or more melee enemies that would be mixed up with remaining rangers. would be good if their tower shield is going to be worse than an sks or even if it's going to be equal to it since hardmode or ragnarok melee is quite powerful. Slashing at them with a sword which takes more than 5 slashes to kill is pretty bad when enemy archers can shoot you. I'm pretty sure you've thought about this tho or even implemented it already or in the process of doing so.
Justification:
You go out of the barricades, 2 melee attack you and 10 archers shoot at you. You got a sword and one nord circles around you. With no nearby cover chances are you're dead. With blunt you could slow those melee enemies with knockbacks while moving back so that you always point your shield towards the archers.
This would arguably make them very powerful but who is going to solo hardmode or ragnarok in melee? Their lenght will not allow them to be used as slashing weapons either so it pretty much comes down to safer clean-up rather than overpowered wave-grinder which would make it the best class in the game.
ON_iBlue - Master Peltast:
1 x Prince
1 x War Marshall
ON_InvisibleBlue - Sniper

Messages In This Thread
Legionnaire ideas - by !slay. - 08-06-2013, 12:55 PM
Re: Legionnaire ideas - by Barristan - 08-06-2013, 02:15 PM
Re: Legionnaire ideas - by !slay. - 08-06-2013, 02:51 PM
Re: Legionnaire ideas - by Winter - 08-06-2013, 07:51 PM
Re: Legionnaire ideas - by Murrow - 09-06-2013, 03:50 AM
Re: Legionnaire ideas - by SwedeHog - 09-06-2013, 11:05 AM
Re: Legionnaire ideas - by [OTD]Pen_Hercules - 14-06-2013, 02:17 AM