Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Developer Interviews
Lost Legend :ingame Nordinvasion: Greetings , welcome to our Nordinvasion developer interviews. Huscarlton Banks,  please introduce yourself.

Huscarlton Banks: Hello, I'm Huscarlton_Banks, one of the developers of NI. I recently graduated with a Bachelor's in Biology and I live in New York, in the United States.

Lost Legend :ingame Nordinvasion: Congratulations on your Bachelor. How did you find nordinvasion and how did you got into the development of it ?

Huscarlton Banks: I started playing around February 2012, after following a link from the GK clan forums. After that, I hosted a few servers for a while, and I became friends with a few admins which led to Worm recruiting me to the admin team. From there, I was recruited as a developer after fixing a few scripts.

Lost Legend :ingame Nordinvasion: Every story seems to go back to worm Smile Well, how would you describe your role in the development team ?

Huscarlton Banks: I handle scripting, and try to find ways to make the mod challenging without making it too difficult or unenjoyable, which is a bit hard with bad AI.

Lost Legend :ingame Nordinvasion: Speaking of bad AI, any future plans to improve it ?

Huscarlton Banks: For now, I'm focusing on fixing the tendency of bots to stop advancing when they have a ranged weapon behind walls, but it's been proving a bit difficult.

Lost Legend :ingame Nordinvasion: Is there some more information about that  you want to share right now ?

Huscarlton Banks: Nope.

Lost Legend :ingame Nordinvasion: All right Smile When you compare your work with the work of the other developers, would you say you have the most work or is it fairly even ?

Huscarlton Banks: It's usually fairly even, though I'd say the administrators probably have more work just dealing with the playerbase.

Lost Legend :ingame Nordinvasion: Hehe, well fair enough. Imagine for a moment you could everything code in, within a blink of an eye. Which feature would you implement, and which feature would you remove from Ni ?

Huscarlton Banks: Intelligent AI, Barricades.

Lost Legend :ingame Nordinvasion: Interesting. Speaking of barricades, as it seems the only viable options to beat ni right now is either kiting or cading up. Are you happy with that game mechanics, and\or what would you like to change ?

Huscarlton Banks: Players would probably have more fun with an open battle, but there are a lot of reasons why it can't happen with AI, and if those reasons were removed, shieldwalls and kiting would be strong enough to remove any challenge from the game.

Lost Legend :ingame Nordinvasion: So you are basically unhappy but don`t see another way ?

Huscarlton Banks: Well, I wouldn't say that, you just can't get the same experience playing a PvE mod as you can a PvP mod.

Lost Legend :ingame Nordinvasion: Fair enough. Where do you see Nordinvasion in one year ?

Huscarlton Banks: Jez: Have you killed NI yet?
Worm: Have you broken NI yet?
Hyper: Nope.

Lost Legend :ingame Nordinvasion: XD Good answer. Beware, tricky question : What do you think about the community of Ni ?

Huscarlton Banks: The majority of the community is nice, but there's always going to be a small minority that trolls or tries to get ahead in less than legitimate ways, just like any gaming community. It's better to think that I work for the former, than the latter.

Lost Legend :ingame Nordinvasion: All right, thanks for your time and good to have the guy who mostly stays in the shadows and does his work quietly in the background.Thanks for showing up and see you on the battlefield! Any last words ?

Huscarlton Banks: Expect more surprises in the future.
Wusel @ Omnia

Messages In This Thread
Developer Interviews - by Lost_Legend - 01-06-2013, 04:46 PM
Re: Developer Interviews - by Peter_File - 01-06-2013, 05:00 PM
Hypernomas` Interview - by Lost_Legend - 01-06-2013, 05:15 PM
MrGuarnere's Interview - by YuriTheRed - 02-06-2013, 04:11 PM
Senni`s Interview - by Lost_Legend - 03-06-2013, 02:41 PM
Barristan's interview - by YuriTheRed - 04-06-2013, 03:38 PM
Re: Developer Interviews - by Lost_Legend - 04-06-2013, 08:20 PM
Hande's interview - by YuriTheRed - 06-06-2013, 02:44 PM
Naozumi's Interviews - by YuriTheRed - 09-06-2013, 06:15 AM
Birdtalon`s Interview - by Lost_Legend - 10-06-2013, 11:38 AM