Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Mountain Pass - Why does no one use the lower pass?
So, it seems that almost all players like to defend the upper pass. I understand that it has a nice choke point for people to setup deloyable shields.

The lower pass offers just about everything as the upper pass and more (queue cheesy ad music):
1) there is choke point at the rock fall that is even with the upper choke point (it might be slightly wider, but really close -- I've spent too much dead time flying around looking at the map)
2) more space for archers to spread out -- they can be on the citadel, on the back part of the upper pass, and all along the down part of the lower pass -- all raining down on the enemy. Plus, you can line of sight the whole time. On the upper pass, you have the dip where the oncoming army disappears for a a little bit
3) if/when the horde breaks through the wall, they are then coming up hill and slower, rather than downhill and fast -- plus, it leaves a little more room for infantry to spread out, and for those will polearms to swing
4) more people close to the soup/arrow refill rather than all bunched up
5) for shielded opponents, archers at shield have better access to feet/knees shooting up hill

The only negative is the potentially wider pass (not much like I said) and for the bots have a little but more open space with throwing weapons.
House Thalheimer: Galen (Legionnaire), Wilhelm (Warden), Johann (Chosen Marksmen), Friedrich (Master Peltast) [Engineers]
Crafting: Blacksmith Max, Armorsmith Max, Alchemy Max, Support 22, Defender 14
NI House: The Order of Scarlet Blade Scarlet Knights
NI Banners - NI Banner Prototypes

Messages In This Thread
Mountain Pass - Why does no one use the lower pass? - by TeutonJon78 - 07-03-2012, 12:40 AM
Re: Mountain Pass - Why does no one use the lower pass? - by Mordred Wulfchylde - 10-03-2012, 06:33 AM