Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Great Hall: Strategy [Experimental]
After reading the experiences of others and doing a few tests of my own, I have placed Ragnash's strategy in the top position.

(11-08-2012, 12:58 PM)Ragnash link Wrote: With the change to the spawns, I always liked the idea of barricading the camera right-hand side. But having faced the same problem as Click, I have never fully had the chance to test it with an efficient team.

I believe the benefits of the right-hand side are that, due to the changed spawns, they only have 1 route of entry. They hit the 2-3 shielders, who stand in the middle of 2 heavy barricades on either side. Deployable shields cover the small walls, thus allowing ammo refill to be spammed. 2 light barricades at the back for archers to fire over shield wall. If all team members don't cross an invisible line drawn straight back to the wall inline with the ammo refill, then in theory the enemies wouldn't even attempt coming around the side and no protection would be necessary.

My comments: This camp looks the best.  Except for an occasional stray, the nords all attack the front shield wall.  The ammo box in the camp is great for easy medic box spamming.  Ideally, there would be enough shielders to block almost the entire gap (this probably will not happen very often).  Short Heavy Barricades would probably be best placed right of the shield wall with Heavy Barricades behind them.  The S.H.Cades would take the melee hits and the H.Cades would block the ranged.  The main thing to be careful with in this strategy is to make sure no one stands right behind the barricades and draws the nords to attack them.

I'm hoping that people will see this strategy and try it out.  Please post if it works, why it does not, or how it can be improved.  Thanks.

This strategy was first written for version 0.4.4.  As of 0.4.8, it is still valid.
Edit: Added ideas and strategy charts from the feedback.
CC_Warden_Kip | CC_Sentinel_Kip | CC_Guard_Kip | CC_Zweihander_Kip | CC_Marksman_Kip | CC_Pavise_Kip | CC_Peltast_Kip | CC_Marauder_Kip | others...

Messages In This Thread
Great Hall: Strategy [Experimental] - by Kip - 10-08-2012, 06:26 PM
Re: Great Hall: Strategy [Experimental] - by Kip - 26-08-2012, 02:56 AM