Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Weapon Length!
This thread might seem quite unimportant, but hear me out;

Weapon length is EXTREMELY important, but it is neglected quite a lot.

Are you a ranged that gets destroyed when it's time to pull out a melee weapon?
Are you an infantry looking to get kills more efficiently and without harm?
Do you enjoy putting out damage, but being far away enough to not have to take it?
What if I told you you could do this with an infantry?

I have noticed that tons of people have these long, long weapons, but wait until they have to block before making their first hit.
There are alternatives to this, that if you're good at timing, will help you prevent the loss of health in a major way.

A simple strategy, which can be used while meleeing in general, but is very, very useful when you're low on health with a long weapon;
Wait until your enemy is in range of your melee weapon, not until he is right in front of you.
This simple tip will take you miles. Learn the length of your weapon, and exactly how far away the enemy can be, while you can still get a hit.
If you do this correctly, it should end up being something like this;

You get a hit from far enough away so that your enemy can not reach you.
Your enemy is stunned, enough time for you to back up.
Your enemy now charges at you, and you repeat the same process until the enemy is dead.

Of course you will still have to account for enemies with longer weapons than you, or enemies with shields to get the timing perfect while doing this, this tip will save you many lives.
I use it whenever I play mount and blade, and watching others play, I can honestly say that not enough people know about this simple change in gameplay that can prevent death.

Consider weapon length!!

Thank you for reading Smile

Messages In This Thread
Weapon Length! - by [SUAN]Joey - 24-05-2015, 12:30 AM
Re: Weapon Length! - by Winter - 24-05-2015, 12:58 AM
Re: Weapon Length! - by Bobo - 24-05-2015, 06:50 AM
Re: Weapon Length! - by korey - 25-06-2015, 03:16 PM
Re: Weapon Length! - by Bobo - 26-06-2015, 07:09 AM
Re: Weapon Length! - by korey - 26-06-2015, 04:04 PM
Re: Weapon Length! - by rasb23 - 08-07-2015, 12:10 AM