Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread
(20-09-2015, 05:05 PM)Tarrod link Wrote: So me and Majosh just had a conversation about giving swords their personal touch, like the AGS just got with the blunt damage, but I got something in mind for the other swords too.(Commando Swords only though)

Durendal/Legacy
Add Armor penetration to it while stabing, because they have got a sharp tip. This would only make sense as a big, curved tip like the AGS can do blunt damage and has the chance to know someone down(iirc). So a sharp thin tip goes easier through an armor or am I wrong there, because what I have learned from school and some books this is what it used to be back in the Middle Age.

VGS
Add Armor penetration to it while swinging, because it has jags and they can go through an armor, because they are sharp aswell or should be haha.
Should be less than for Durendal and Legacy though.

Dwarf Axe
This would need an overhaul but madjosh had an idea

These were just some ideas, but I am not sure what you think about this.

To the first part about the sharper tips going through armor, this is only really true against cloth/leather based armors, as anythign stiffer would be more likely to bend or break your tip.  When going against quality chain or plate one would be more likely to use halbschwert to have better accuracy with the point to go for joints and other weak points and be able to use the quillions and pommel for bludgeoning.  Sadly, halbschwert is definitely not something Warband will be letting is get away with.  Still, those two swords do already have insanely high pierce damage due to exactly what you are talking about.

The idea for the VGS is interesting and similar things have been talked about.  I would have to play around with it and see what different armor penetrating affects could be added.

Dwarf Axe has bonus against shields.  That is already pretty unique for 2h legendary items.

In response to all of these ideas, though, it seems that it would make 2h legendary items in general a bit powerful without having similar unique affects added to legendary items used by other classes.  The reason the AGS received what it did was to see if blunt-tip swords could have a place in the game in general, and to add swords with a similar idea to crafting tiers.

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread - by Winter - 20-09-2015, 05:19 PM
RE: 1.5.0 Client Release - by DR. - 18-01-2017, 08:14 AM
RE: 1.5.0 Client Release - by Winter - 18-01-2017, 08:28 AM