Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Woody v Malong: The Great Calendar Debate
(08-01-2018, 05:10 PM)Woody Wrote: Not everyone knows what they are doing in even 1 weeks time. Especially at this time of year, you should not really count on anyone to mark this down as something that 100% needed to be done on that day... My problem was to do to the time of the events of you must know. Telstra my provider was having some problems in my area and still is as of thing I can't be fucked to talk about. Go au Internet!

I combined some quotes here since they're related.

You wrote a post just hours before the start of the event, asking for countdowns. So maybe you didn't know your availability at the time you registered, but you seem to have intended to attend by virtue of posting on the first day of the event, and also asking for countdowns before each of the events.

You should have started out with this. Though it's convenient timing that you only now mention this, and people will now be skeptical without evidence. Did you lose connectivity shortly after that post? Yeah, maybe, but that's pretty convenient. You also wrote a post between the first and second days of the event, so even if you didn't have the chance to say you were going to miss the first day, you certainly had the chance to post that you couldn't attend the second nor third days. Maybe you want to say you lost internet right before the start of each of the days. How unlikely, unlucky, and convenient for that to happen on three consecutive days within the same window.

(08-01-2018, 05:10 PM)Woody Wrote: I was in game when I saw this so I just looked at my calendar and yes it is 4 weeks ago going from that. Not in 28 days but in lines of the calendar.

There's a lot of layers to this onion of combinatorics failure.

First, if it's 15 days (2 weeks and 1 day), the only such mathematical way for 15 days to span 4 weeks would be if 12/21 was the last day of a week, and 1/5 was the first day of a week. Since a calendar having Thursday being the last day of a week and Friday being the first day of a week is not customary, we're going to assume you counted incorrectly.

There is a backdoor out for you here though, you could claim that you don't know a week is made of 7 days. 15 days could span 4 weeks if a week was made of 4-6 days instead of 7. This doesn't seem good though.

Secondly, if you were indeed looking at a calendar and counting, you wouldn't have come up with a range, yet you typed "3-4 weeks ago." That phrasing implies "3 full weeks and part of a 4th week," which means 22-28 days, which is also certainly incorrect. But now you're saying you looked at the calendar and saw or counted to 4, and that's not correct either.

None of your outs here are any good.

Finally, obligatory: "get a better calendar" (or, in the far more likely scenario, "please count to 4 correctly"):

Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Swadian New Year Tournament - by Sir Baron - 08-01-2018, 01:57 PM
RE: Swadian New Year Tournament - by Malong - 08-01-2018, 04:39 PM
RE: Swadian New Year Tournament - by Alphaa - 08-01-2018, 04:57 PM
RE: Swadian New Year Tournament - by DR. - 08-01-2018, 05:10 PM
RE: Swadian New Year Tournament - by Sir Baron - 08-01-2018, 05:30 PM
RE: Swadian New Year Tournament - by Malong - 08-01-2018, 05:59 PM
RE: Tournament Discussion Thread - by Malong - 21-01-2018, 05:16 AM
RE: Tournament Discussion Thread - by DR. - 21-01-2018, 05:40 AM
RE: Tournament Discussion Thread - by Malong - 21-01-2018, 06:46 AM
RE: Tournament Discussion Thread - by DR. - 21-01-2018, 07:31 AM
RE: Tournament Discussion Thread - by Malong - 21-01-2018, 02:29 PM