Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Application for the return of item left in house trust
(31-03-2018, 01:35 AM)Madjosh Wrote: To say that a house member would be at fault for not properly recording the ownership details of every item in VLKA and set an example of them instead of the house leadership is in my biased opinion an unfair precedent to set.

The only person anyone has claimed should keep record of every item in VLKA is Woody.  No one has said that any other VLKA member should record ownership details of every item in VLKA, and this is not a precedent anyone has said should be set.  I have only stated that it would be beneficial for people to keep records of their own items and logs of the various loans they make, as well as logs of them informing the recipient of said items that it is indeed a loan and not a donation.  It would make cases like this very simple - the person is aware the item already belongs to someone and is not free to trade, so if the item is sold they can be swiftly dealt with.

(30-03-2018, 04:25 PM)Winter Wrote: The case you brought up has logs of the recipient who later sold the item being expressly informed that the items in the trade are for borrowing, not selling.  In this case, Woody claims to have been unaware that the Durendal belonged to Madjosh when he sold it (I was told that the item was improperly marked in the bank document, so return to Kaasovic's statement that VLKA could use some better record keeping...) and I have seen no evidence to the contrary so far.

(31-03-2018, 01:35 AM)Madjosh Wrote: I had records of the item purchase, at the time we kept a spreadsheet drafted by Handef (former house leadership) which contained an ownership minded itemisation of the bank items. Because new leadership have been more tardy in their management the house members are to pay?

The former leadership should have taken more care in ensuring the bank records were carefully transferred to someone that would properly maintain them.  This is not something we can punish the new leadership for, as there is no solid evidence that they knew the item belonged to someone prior to selling it and was not free to trade as there are no logs of the former leadership (or anyone, for that matter) informing them.  It is an unfortunate situation, but the correct answer isn't to ban those involved for something that, as far as the evidence indicates, was a mistake committed by multiple parties.

(31-03-2018, 01:35 AM)Madjosh Wrote: When I left the house, Woody contacted you/reported me to check ownership of items that belonged to me. It goes without saying that he could have easily contacted you again to check where the item he ostensibly believed to have come from thin air actually came from. He did not do this, to the best of my knowledge, he made no attempt to perceive whom the item belonged to.

I believe this to be the nail in the coffin in Woody's defence. 

Had he made just and relevant enquires to where the item came from and discovered nothing, I would stand to say that he had done enough to satisfy any requirement of attempting to locate the relevant owner and I would not be here right now writing this lengthy response.

It is my understanding that there are many items in the VLKA Bank that do not have clearly indicated owners, and I honestly would not expect Woody to request a developer to search the logs to find the owner of each of those items.  He contacted me to trace items that he believed were stolen, not to catalogue VLKA Bank for him.  It is not the role of the developers to keep track of people's donations and loans to each other, that is the responsibility of the players.  As I have stated, the developers are willing to intervene in clear cases because they are generally nice people, but it is unreasonable to expect them to track down the owners of several items loaned or donated with no clear indication as to which to a house by players that, more often than not, will never be coming back.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Application for the return of item left in house trust - by Winter - 31-03-2018, 02:43 AM