Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Attempt to buff commando's part 3.14159
(21-08-2018, 03:39 PM)darnocslew Wrote:
(21-08-2018, 12:06 PM)Julia. Wrote: Cades are mostly placed with a shieldergap if there is a RG with good shields on the server. I know from my own past (RG was the first hero I had) that it's a pain to save money up to finally get a good shield, such as Aegis. My tip here: Once you reached hero, you should focus on a shield above armor/weapons. If you try to shield rag or the later hard waves, such as entranced berserkers with a weak shield, you will die. As it should be your main aim to survive, cading up does make sense here. To help your team you can grab medboxes or an xbow (with the xbow you deal the same damage as any xbow-class, you just reload slower) to help your team. Or if there is a Zwei bringing in decent shields, just ask for it. He will gladly pass it on to you (mostly) as this allows him slashing. But once you shield, don't run out unless actually nessecary as the most annoying thing is a dead RG if noone else is dead and a tome has to be used for you. If that happens frequently players will prefer cading up again before they let you shield. As RG you should play save and not rush like a headless-chicken.

I get that, but it's a way of requiring people to bring shielders so they can succeed. If people learn they can't just chuck a barricade up and sit behind it because it will fall after 20 hits. Then they are more likely to invest in a infantry class or at least try to get an infantry class on so they can actually progress. Ofc that creates the issue of what if you don't have a melee on hand. But then again that's what this mod from what I remember is about, working as a team to get to the higher levels and kill the boss. If you don't work as a team or don't have a team, you're not going to reach the end, simple as that.

I think think mod used to about working as team. The use of too many barricades seems to have changed that. There is no teamwork involved in standing in one place for 15 waves while pressing the LMB. I'm not attacking people who enjoy this kind of gameplay, I just think that reducing the usefulness of barricades will bring about a fresh change to the mod's current state Wink

Messages In This Thread
RE: Attempt to buff commando's part 3.14159 - by Pavel - 21-08-2018, 03:53 PM