Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Low-tier Bows
(31-10-2015, 07:17 PM)Terath link Wrote:sorry for the wait

i made a simple yew longbow  Smile

https://p3d.in/BkQrb
Thank you very much for your help, hopefully it will not be your last contribution.

There are no other options for low-tier archers besides the marketplace, when all the other classes get the option of crafted upgrades.

Would you happen to know how long it takes for the developers to implement?
(31-10-2015, 07:46 PM)Sascha link Wrote:[quote author=Terath link=topic=49014.msg247052#msg247052 date=1446319078]
sorry for the wait

i made a simple yew longbow  Smile

https://p3d.in/BkQrb
Thank you very much for your help, hopefully it will not be your last contribution.

There are no other options for low-tier archers besides the marketplace, when all the other classes get the option of crafted upgrades.

Would you happen to know how long it takes for the developers to implement?
[/quote]

it'll not be my last contribution, no

I don't know how long it takes to code a weapon in/put it on the website, but I know that putting the model in OpenBRF and ready for use only takes about ~10 minutes.
You have to remember that they have to want the model to be added and if they will use it, etc etc.
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
Nice model Terath Smile
Devs are not really often adding weapons to the game and they must want to add them so.... Your only hope is wait.

Winter is a cool guy. 
/Winter

[Image: 2rca6iw.png]                      
            [Image: 76561198024357901.png]       

(31-10-2015, 09:22 PM)MatthewO link Wrote:Nice model Terath Smile
Devs are not really often adding weapons to the game and they must want to add them so.... Your only hope is wait.

well, I don't really mind if it doesn't get added. I just like to make models  Big Grin
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
A good model, thanks Terath. I'm looking at the stats of bows an I'm wondering where it could be placed in the line-up. Any proposition for stats guys?
(01-11-2015, 06:37 AM)Bobo link Wrote:A good model, thanks Terath. I'm looking at the stats of bows an I'm wondering where it could be placed in the line-up. Any proposition for stats guys?

Weight1
Spd rtng76
Thrust damage29
Shoot speed47
Accuracy99

Slight upgrade to longbow, but usable on Longbowman(T2) instead of Heavy Longbowman(T3)?
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198139916824

08/25/15 - Bulwark of Swadia
08/25/15 - Dwarf Axe
11/27/15 - Fell Edge
(01-11-2015, 07:02 AM)Ribbed link Wrote:[...]
Weight1
Spd rtng76
Thrust damage29
Shoot speed47
Accuracy99
[...]

That misses the point entirely of adding new bows; we already have crafted arrows for an increase in damage.

We need bows with different speeds, velocities, and accuracies.

Something similar to these changes would be significantly more meaningful:

Weight1
Spd rtng80
Thrust damage26
Shoot speed46
Accuracy98

Especially since as of now the low-tier bows only always progress in terms of +Damage, -Speed Rating, variable Shoot Speeds, and unchanging Accuracy.

It would be so much more useful for archers to have the option to make sacrifices in certain statistics, while increasing others, than just to continue onward with the marketplace scaling.
(01-11-2015, 01:49 PM)Sascha link Wrote:[quote author=Ribbed link=topic=49014.msg247088#msg247088 date=1446361323]
[...]
Weight1
Spd rtng76
Thrust damage29
Shoot speed47
Accuracy99
[...]

That misses the point entirely of adding new bows; we already have crafted arrows for an increase in damage.

We need bows with different speeds, velocities, and accuracies.

Something similar to these changes would be significantly more meaningful:

Weight1
Spd rtng80
Thrust damage26
Shoot speed46
Accuracy98

Especially since as of now the low-tier bows only always progress in terms of +Damage, -Speed Rating, variable Shoot Speeds, and unchanging Accuracy.

It would be so much more useful for archers to have the option to make sacrifices in certain statistics, while increasing others, than just to continue onward with the marketplace scaling.
[/quote]

T2 stats are:
Weight1
Spd rtng
83Thrust damage23
Shoot speed
43Accuracy99

vs proposed
Weight1
Spd rtng76
Thrust damage29
Shoot speed47
Accuracy99

Seems pretty different to me, either way the model is of a yew longbow - making it vastly different than the normal longbow just doesn't make any sense.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198139916824

08/25/15 - Bulwark of Swadia
08/25/15 - Dwarf Axe
11/27/15 - Fell Edge
(01-11-2015, 07:04 PM)Ribbed link Wrote:[...]
T2 stats are:
Weight1
Spd rtng
83Thrust damage23
Shoot speed
43Accuracy99

vs proposed
Weight1
Spd rtng76
Thrust damage29
Shoot speed47
Accuracy99

Seems pretty different to me, either way the model is of a yew longbow - making it vastly different than the normal longbow just doesn't make any sense.

And it is not different from T3 besides the +2 damage.

All you are suggesting is a slightly stronger Longbow, which is accessible earlier, in the end.

Maybe I am at fault for not clearly illustrating my problem and outlining my suggestion in my original post.

I will be more clear.

Currently archers without access to House Crafts or Legendaries only have one upgrade path to choose from:
+Damage
-Speed Rating
+/-Shoot Speed
99Accuracy

All the bows low-tier Archers can obtain are only from the Marketplace, there are NO low-tier bows craftable.

All other classes besides Archers have choices of weapons from the Marketplace, AND early craftable weapons.

My suggestion is:
1) To add low-tier craftable bows to the Blacksmithing lists,
and
2) to scale them on a different upgrade path, in other words, change from this formula:
+Damage
-Speed Rating
+/-Shoot Speed
99Accuracy

to something else.

Your suggestion merely copy-and-pasted the Longbow, but with +2 Damage, and is accessible earlier.

Like I iterated in an earlier post, we already have craftable arrows for minor damage increases.

I am indifferent on when it is accessible; as long as it can be wielded by a Heavy Longbowman(T3), at the very least, to keep it in line with being low-tier.

I am suggesting that new crafted bows have significantly different statistic prioritization than what is already on the Marketplace; as an example: prioritizing Speed Rating while sacrificing Damage and Accuracy.

And as for "making sense", I believe that prioritization falls on balance instead of "making sense"; not that my suggestion is nonsensical or unbelievable by any means.

We have anime swords in this mod.
(02-11-2015, 02:22 PM)Sascha link Wrote:[quote author=Ribbed link=topic=49014.msg247143#msg247143 date=1446404666]
[...]
T2 stats are:
Weight1
Spd rtng
83Thrust damage23
Shoot speed
43Accuracy99

vs proposed
Weight1
Spd rtng76
Thrust damage29
Shoot speed47
Accuracy99

And it is not different from T3 besides the +2 damage.

All you are suggesting is a slightly stronger Longbow, which is accessible earlier, in the end.

Maybe I am at fault for not clearly illustrating my problem and outlining my suggestion in my original post.

I will be more clear.

Currently archers without access to House Crafts or Legendaries only have one upgrade path to choose from:
+Damage
-Speed Rating
+/-Shoot Speed
99Accuracy

All the bows low-tier Archers can obtain are only from the Marketplace, there are NO low-tier bows craftable.

All other classes besides Archers have choices of weapons from the Marketplace, AND early craftable weapons.

My suggestion is:
1) To add low-tier craftable bows to the Blacksmithing lists,
and
2) to scale them on a different upgrade path, in other words, change from this formula:
+Damage
-Speed Rating
+/-Shoot Speed
99Accuracy

to something else.

Your suggestion merely copy-and-pasted the Longbow, but with +2 Damage, and is accessible earlier.

Like I iterated in an earlier post, we already have craftable arrows for minor damage increases.

I am indifferent on when it is accessible; as long as it can be wielded by a Heavy Longbowman(T3), at the very least, to keep it in line with being low-tier.

I am suggesting that new crafted bows have significantly different statistic prioritization than what is already on the Marketplace; as an example: prioritizing Speed Rating while sacrificing Damage and Accuracy.

And as for "making sense", I believe that prioritization falls on balance instead of "making sense"; not that my suggestion is nonsensical or unbelievable by any means.

We have anime swords in this mod.
[/quote]

Well, you want from yew longbow to be different from normal longbow.... doesnt make sense.

Your idea is clear, but there' s nothing like slightly increased dmg. Accuracy.... you wouldnt be rly happy if you miss 5 shots until you hit target and small accuracy change changes nothing. Speed rtng and shot speed... That's something else and you can be right in this.

Thats all from me... i would say.
Winter is a cool guy. 
/Winter

[Image: 2rca6iw.png]                      
            [Image: 76561198024357901.png]