Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Where has the gold gone ?
hyper just got jealous one day cuase a player had more money than him. so what did he do? stole everyone elses money  Wink
PEW PEW!!!! PEW PEW PEW!!!!!!!
PK_Wolfsblood: Prince kills 2 , thor kills 1
PK_Wolfsfang: thor kills 1
PK_Wolfsclaw: prince kills 2, Thor kills 1, odin kills 1
PK_Wolfman: prince kills 1
(05-06-2013, 02:44 PM)Barristan link Wrote:I can understand why some of the older players might prefer the old power they used to have over the economy but we on the dev team saw the need to introduce ways to sink money. The other options of course being the introduction of gear maintenance, like in CRPG, which is just too penalising for players with good gear.
I think I'd just stop playing NI if that was implemented,  Glad you guys decided against it.
Maybe this could help:

Revert your weapons/Deployables/Armors you made into 80% of the materials. For example, you buy a swadian hope and you ''Break'' it into pieces, got some materials recoverd to make/buy/trade new weapons/Armors/deployables.

Why I suggest this? I got like 54 one handed battle axes from loot, 34 battle axes, ...
A new idea to make money is ''Killing'' the items and have some crafting materials for the unused weapons you looted. Dont say ''Put on AH for new players'' because you pay more for the fee then the gold you get it. (and most of the new players rarely spent their gold into weapons they can loot easy) Yes you can sell it for 700 - 1000 gold on marketplace but then the weapon is ''gone'' for a small price, as you can recover it into materials and have a new small economy of materials taken from ''unused drops''. (I doubt anyone sells it on AH anyway)
[move][align=center] S[color=blue]o[color=green]p[color=purple]h[color=brown]i[color=teal]e[/move]
[align=center][Image: whnwaa.jpg]
I would like to have a word with barristan or another developper on irc.

Meanwhile, locking to avoid off-topic.

Sophie, this suggestion has already been rejected, since reconverting weapons into mats doesn't help new players. Consider one-handed battle axe a troll loot, just sell them in marketplace.

(05-06-2013, 04:22 PM)_Sophie_ link Wrote:Maybe this could help:

Revert your weapons/Deployables/Armors you made into 80% of the materials. For example, you buy a swadian hope and you ''Break'' it into pieces, got some materials recoverd to make/buy/trade new weapons/Armors/deployables.

We have refused this idea many times as it takes items out the economy, which is precisely what makes them cheaper over time.

(05-06-2013, 04:22 PM)_Sophie_ link Wrote:Why I suggest this? I got like 54 one handed battle axes from loot, 34 battle axes, ...

Those items drop with regularity so that new players can sell them to the marketplace for quick cash if they don't want to use them. A few hundred gold for a red shirt is a fair amount of money.

Your suggestion would not impact the amount of gold in the market anyway, so I don't really see the point of suggesting it again.

I think I'd just stop playing NI if that was implemented,  Glad you guys decided against it.

(05-06-2013, 03:50 PM)Mr_Awesome link Wrote:I think I'd just stop playing NI if that was implemented,  Glad you guys decided against it.

Ya. Thats why I stopped playing CRPG, there was no incentive to get the best gear.

(05-06-2013, 04:48 PM)Yvain link Wrote:I would like to have a word with barristan or another developper on irc.

Any time mate, will be around in a few hours.
It was just a suggestion.

[font=trebuchet ms]Edit: Yes it doesn't affect the gold inflation, but the current gold rate I see is rather poor then rich. You dont have to look individual with large stacks of gold, you have to look over the whole comunity. With the new hero class, I barely can manage 750.000 denarii but yeah ... thats just me  Tongue
[move][align=center] S[color=blue]o[color=green]p[color=purple]h[color=brown]i[color=teal]e[/move]
The new classes are intended to be like a high tier craftable; not everyone has one, everyone wants it and they should have to work to get it Wink I want it to be a meaningful choice that fits your playstyle, such as defender armour or a kingswill. I don't want players to just pick and choose, jump here and there using this and that. You're free to disagree but I'm head dev so nany nany poo poo.
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
I like seeing that Barristan and the rest of the team keep a watch on the economy, quite efficiently.

I will remember that this sudden change was due this one-off addition of hero classes ; but this was sort of necessary.
Market needs some time to be regulated at present. It will be cool again in some time.
By the way, it's already much better, now. Oh yeah.

(05-06-2013, 05:19 PM)Hypernoma link Wrote:The new classes are intended to be like a high tier craftable; not everyone has one, everyone wants it and they should have to work to get it Wink I want it to be a meaningful choice that fits your playstyle, such as defender armour or a kingswill. I don't want players to just pick and choose, jump here and there using this and that. You're free to disagree but I'm head dev so nany nany poo poo.
Personally I don't disagree at all. Haha ! Gotcha !
(05-06-2013, 05:19 PM)Hypernoma link Wrote:The new classes are intended to be like a high tier craftable; not everyone has one, everyone wants it and they should have to work to get it Wink I want it to be a meaningful choice that fits your playstyle, such as defender armour or a kingswill. I don't want players to just pick and choose, jump here and there using this and that. You're free to disagree but I'm head dev so nany nany poo poo.

This made me laugh so it has to be my new signature, obviously!
[Image: gQUGcYN.gif?1]
I see HM at 1k each on AH, this has to be christmas  ;D