Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Notice:The Karma system has been disabled.
Due to the potential for trolling and it not generally being useful for anything we have decided to turn off the Karma system on this forum.

Love,
Worm

As some of you may have noticed, this forum has a karma system in place. The point of this system is so users can rate other posts either good or bad.

Can I please stress here and now. The Karma system is supposed to be used to rate users based on the content of their posts.

This does not mean you should rate people down because you don't like their name/avatar/house/shoe size or whatever.

Let's grow up a little bit more here people and use the systems put in place responsibly. First by actually reading the post before clicking the Smite button and secondly by having a little thought before merely smiting someone because they already have low karma or you disagree with them.

You should have left this behind in Kindergarten. Anonymity is not an excuse.

Regards,

Birdtalon

Quote:There will be zero tolerance for discrimination. Respect everyone, regardless of their race, religion, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, in-game level. This list is not exhaustive.
[align=center][Image: birdtalon.png]
This is in response to Annoying_Archer's -69 karma isn't it?  Tongue
When life gives you lemons, make apple juice and watch the world wonder.
(01-03-2012, 03:34 AM)Jeffacake link Wrote: This is in response to Annoying_Archer's -69 karma isn't it?  Tongue

Seems like it, doesn't it?
SB_Talgion_Cheeseliker (Commando/Militia)
SB_Hyrpyndyrpyn_IV (Skirmisher)
(01-03-2012, 03:34 AM)Jeffacake link Wrote: This is in response to Annoying_Archer's -69 karma isn't it?  Tongue

It is not just one case, although this one is quite extreme. I just feel that people need to grow up a little in general and stop acting like 5 year olds with this.
Did one of the devs get all butthurt 'cause they were smited?

I smited a dev for the content of one of his posts and noticed his karma jump up artificially to a ridiculous level the day after.

Maturity is a two-way street.  Tongue
"Anonymity is not an excuse."

+1 Applaud for succinctly summarizing what SHOULD be the mantra of the entire internet. I honestly didn't know this was a problem, though. Do people really care about these numbers so much? Will you get banned if your Karma is too low or something?
(01-03-2012, 09:30 AM)Noidenous link Wrote: Did one of the devs get all butthurt 'cause they were smited?

I speak from my own opinion, not the opinion of the development team.

(01-03-2012, 09:32 AM)royalewithcheese link Wrote: Will you get banned if your Karma is too low or something?

No, you won't be banned for low karma, but having low karma does affect people's interpretation and they develop uninformed opinions based merely on the number next to people's names and not through the actual content of their posting.
I disabled this useless Karma system.  :Smile
Can you do that? Won't karma come back and disable you?

:o
(01-03-2012, 09:58 AM)Hande link Wrote: I disabled this useless Karma system.  :Smile

It's not useless. It's quite useful, actually.
E: Bet it's the - karma people who were complaining to the devs. "ppl no lyk meeee omg remov karma systm!!!"
[Image: wbM3H.png]