Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Support slot for Archer/Xbow
So, one thing I don't understand is why Xbowman can put their xbow in the support slot, while archers can't put their bows there.

I would think that the support slot should ONLY be for the dep shield/medic/engineer equipment, and never any character specific equipment.
House Thalheimer: Galen (Legionnaire), Wilhelm (Warden), Johann (Chosen Marksmen), Friedrich (Master Peltast) [Engineers]
Crafting: Blacksmith Max, Armorsmith Max, Alchemy Max, Support 22, Defender 14
NI House: The Order of Scarlet Blade Scarlet Knights
NI Banners - NI Banner Prototypes

Probably so that you can go Sword+Board with your Xbow+Bolts - Archers don't need another slot for shields, if anything giving them another slot for ammo will just encourage more kiting and less cading/healing
(07-03-2013, 06:25 PM)ughgh link Wrote:Probably so that you can go Sword+Board with your Xbow+Bolts - Archers don't need another slot for shields, if anything giving them another slot for ammo will just encourage more kiting and less cading/healing
In a nutshell. We changed it after introducing the xbow class to allow them to bring a shield in to the game. Poor commandos can't do it all!
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
(07-03-2013, 06:25 PM)ughgh link Wrote:Probably so that you can go Sword+Board with your Xbow+Bolts - Archers don't need another slot for shields, if anything giving them another slot for ammo will just encourage more kiting and less cading/healing

I think you interpreted me backwards. I'd actually say not allow xbow to put things in the 4th slot. They should bring something for the team as well. They can pick up a shield from the background or a melee weapon.
House Thalheimer: Galen (Legionnaire), Wilhelm (Warden), Johann (Chosen Marksmen), Friedrich (Master Peltast) [Engineers]
Crafting: Blacksmith Max, Armorsmith Max, Alchemy Max, Support 22, Defender 14
NI House: The Order of Scarlet Blade Scarlet Knights
NI Banners - NI Banner Prototypes

In my experience, xbowman always do bring support gear (unless they are bringing 3 repeaters + bolts for the team)
It's just that the xbow class is such a great all rounder that it can proficiently use 4 different items, and for low lvl chars without support clas (or for high lvls trying to solo a server) being able to equip 4 weapons allows the class to properly fill its jack of all trades role
VLKA_Tee - Sharpshooter
VLKA_Tea - Royal Guard
VLKA_TeeHee - Master Peltast
VLKA_Killboy - Warden
(07-03-2013, 07:54 PM)Galen_Thalheimer link Wrote: [quote author=ughgh link=topic=10870.msg89320#msg89320 date=1362680717]
Probably so that you can go Sword+Board with your Xbow+Bolts - Archers don't need another slot for shields, if anything giving them another slot for ammo will just encourage more kiting and less cading/healing

I think you interpreted me backwards. I'd actually say not allow xbow to put things in the 4th slot. They should bring something for the team as well. They can pick up a shield from the background or a melee weapon.
[/quote]

In my view a good shield is a support item.
Unless I am mistaken, the new tower shield (exclusive for x-bowmen) is stronger than Royals, so perhaps a support crossbowman would be one bringing 3x tower shields for commandos.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma