Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Feeling useless in Hard mode!
Due to the way armor works, there's no such thing as "arrow resistant", since all armor treats cut, blunt, and pierce damage the same way, and there doesn't seem to be a way to change that.

Global damage soak/resistances can be tweaked, and projectile weapons can be tweaked to deal cut damage instead, but there is no way to make armor especially resistant to one damage type.

I'm not sure how "really fast horses with javs" would help infantry in any way, if they behave like Steppe Riders.

The way I envision the infantry role in a "defend against an overwhelming raid" situation is holding small chokepoints that are scattered throughout a map with shields, with other infantrymen backing them up with long reaching, shield avoiding/breaking/crushing weapons, and braced pikes that require enemies to be moving at a speed similar to a medium-full gallop on a horse to deal damage or stun. This way, infantry would have a role against heavy, large shields, and against charging cavalry, much like in vanilla.

This might lead to some balance issues, since the AI is not exactly known for being strategically brilliant, but I think most of the issues could be solved if pre-placed chokepoint obstacles were numerous and breakable (with replacement with every loss/win), like in siege servers, instead of being completely unbreakable.
Iam not sure but i believe the wraith horse was arrow resistant. Really fast horses with javs would make it hard for archer to aim and for Knights to kite. So they are forced to dismount and hide behind the Inf defence wall or something like this. Its just a idea. The main thought is to force them to dismount and co-operate with the infantry.
Once more into the fray
Into the last good fight I'll ever know
Live and die on this day
Live and die on this day
There's no such thing as "arrow resistant".

There's only "everything resistant".

Piercing damage always deals more damage against heavily armored opponents than cutting damage, it's just a matter of "Am I going to kill this guy before he catches up to me".

In the case of the Wraiths, they have 200+ armor, as do their horses.

Depending on infantry against Wraiths is a particularly bad idea though, since their weapons have 150 speed, 120 reach, 120 damage, and crushthrough.

What are you talking about. I never said infantry against Wraiths  ???
Once more into the fray
Into the last good fight I'll ever know
Live and die on this day
Live and die on this day
maybe iron greaves should be commando boots with 45 armor, plate with 33 for knights (and sergeant) Also Grinder Helmet wit 75, The knight helmet 57, ....
and maybe enable the old gauntlets for commando only with around 10 body armor

and then plate armor as an high tier cav armor (the best cav armor maybe)
Seriously if i need to buy Plate armor AGAIN for 196k gold , i fucking rq ( i had plate armor earlier and changed to banded ).
(08-03-2012, 07:54 PM)JOPO link Wrote: Seriously if i need to buy Plate armor AGAIN for 196k gold , i fucking rq ( i had plate armor earlier and changed to banded ).

Same! But plate armor is usable by knights aswell, I've checked it, and the stats are not changed Smile
16k armor is now better than 90k armor, which is what banded mail was worth before patch. I am keeping mine since I like the look, but this has to be fixed.
Banded mail is still used by cavalry, so the stats aren't going to be changed for the increase most likely, unless they change it to infantry only.

However grinder helm should probably be increased since it is used by infantry only.  Tongue
Auf Blut gebaut
Oh you say banded is 90k worth , it was 150k and thats what i bought it for  :'( , and now i have a shit armor and everything else is better.