Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Just an idea..
This mod is great.  I prefer the NI class system to the CRPG progression.  Kudos.  The new item textures (especially for the highland themed items) are awesome.  But with all the effort and time that goes into making a good character and accumulating items/ skilling crafting, I think it would be nice to see some sort of PvP server - (Swadian civil war?) Don't get me wrong, I like how this is a PvE mod first.. and to encourage that I think if there were to be PvP it should be for no Exp or gold - only for bragging rights.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Yeah I'd like to settle some scores with people , specially with ClickEverywhere Tongue
been mentioned a lot...i don't know why all you people want it. Every considered, sense almost everything is the same, fighting on a native server and dragging over here.
Anyone else wish that they could play from the nords perspective?
(15-03-2012, 04:48 PM)Aventori link Wrote: been mentioned a lot...i don't know why all you people want it. Every considered, sense almost everything is the same, fighting on a native server and dragging over here.

Because Nordinvasion offers such a cool class / spec tree, as well as an awesome list of items and a crafting system, I think people want to take these features and use them against other players.. it's like something to look forward to after you "complete" the PvE aspect of the game.  Games like this with stats and specs and items aren't just about 'skill' (in a pvp setting) they're largely about how much time a person has put into designing their character.  It's very personal, and after spending so much time leveling or grinding people start to wonder how the character that they have designed would do against other players.  That's why there is no interest in just logging into native and duking it out there. 
In theory I bet it's really easy to do however I'm not sure the Devs want to take the game down that route.
[align=center][Image: birdtalon.png]
So the guy with the best gears will just win, what is interest if no skills are involved?

I mean, one warpick slash and you're just dead...
[URL=http://"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2W4FsDVKMY"]"Tu vois, le monde se divise en deux catégories, ceux qui ont un pistolet chargé et ceux qui creusent. Toi tu creuse. "[/URL]
It'd be better than that, assuming the players were all good and knew how to block. There could be awesome house battles, assuming the players in them all were communicating extremely well and they did little formations and what not with sweet battle tactics. This would be fun!

^^^^-Horses
/\/\/\/\-Infantry --------- Simple formation, but i think this would be a good example if it were on a big field with a bunch of people.
{ { { {-Archers

It'd be perfect. Instead of the boring crappy bots just charging in with the occasional tactics with 1v1 while the archers shoot them down and the commandos 1 hit all of them, players might actually have more of a challenge, while still having fun (so that excludes hard mode XD). One of the problems though miiiight be server space and lag and issues involving that type of stuff, assuming the battles would be large. There could be training servers for houses, so like... each hour the password would change so a certain house can get on at a certain time, to train the new players a bit, not for exp, but for blocking skills so they're not stuck using auto block, and then they could go into sorted battles against eachother; 4th tier vs 4th tier, 3rd tier vs 3rd tier, etc.

Big Grin? Again, this would be fun and in my opinion, if done right, it would be a great addition to the game, but not a complete switch over to pvp.
Don't say ANYTHING.
What, do you expect a speech?
There was mention a couple of months ago about a tournament system which would be implemented, I wonder what happened/will happen to that Wink
So many demands, so little time Big Grin

But for my part to save you guys from debating over the merits of PvP in yet another thread, PvP is a no simply down to the fact that this mod is designed as PvE. Each class has the stats of a god, the armour values are now pretty "high" etc... The mod is not in a position or has ever had aspirations to be a PvP mod. If this were to happen down the line, so be it, but at present this will not happen.
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
(15-03-2012, 11:25 PM)Hypernoma link Wrote: So many demands, so little time Big Grin

But for my part to save you guys from debating over the merits of PvP in yet another thread, PvP is a no simply down to the fact that this mod is designed as PvE. Each class has the stats of a god, the armour values are now pretty "high" etc... The mod is not in a position or has ever had aspirations to be a PvP mod. If this were to happen down the line, so be it, but at present this will not happen.

In my opinion:
I do not think that the mod being designed from a pve standpoint should mean that nobody can pvp.  I would really like to see a PvP mode despite the fact that the mod is balanced from a PvE standpoint.  I (personally) would never expect the NI team to try to balance the mod towards pvp, for that would ruin it.  Remember diablo 2? the classes were not even close to balanced for pvp, and yet many many players had hours of fun with the pvp unbalanced as it was.  Armor values, items, character builds should all revolve around a strictly PvE scale for this game, as they do.. if players understood this, what harm could there be in having a pvp server?  You would be able to bring a lot more entertainment value into this already great game, and isn't that at least partly why you fine folks make these mods?