Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Moderately Priced Items
(24-01-2014, 06:08 AM)Renji link Wrote: Surprise! You work for these items. I don't think we need more models cluttering the mod tbh. You have enough fun with your items, look at it this way. Imagine you were looking at Heavy lam < Trans < Halfplate < Defender. There is your "middle armor" already. This goes for a lot of items Smile "Moderately priced" is a point of view and if you noticed, it depends on items used for the craft. Wait for the mats to go super cheap and then stockpile. If you waited long enough, maybe Trans could be completed in a time frame with minimal cost Smile It still beats the 3 million it used to be back in the day.

before posting armour tiers why dont you compare them on cost and NOT stats and then compare that with time spent to gather those costs. i think you will find that there is no "middle tier" for some classes. here you have selected the most balanced class in terms of equipment in the game...to a certain point. it is not a logical progression to go from market place-heavy lam-and then boom 3 mill armour and the next being close to 20 mill and then the tier after that costing anywhere between 50-70 mill. in a perfect world where loots dropped for everyone equally and a fair chance at a legendary drop existed outside of ragnarok but alas this is not the case. a middle armour tier does not necessary have to come from green mats, gold or crafting. perhaps bosses should drop high tier non legendary armour on a more consistent basis throught all modes of the game...i dont understand why bosses can ONLY drop legendaries? it's not as if it's one of newtons laws. why shoulden't a competent team obtain some reward for a completed run rather than the same gold, Xp and the rare green drop...Rant over
For players who don't loot so much like some of us, is it very hard to get nice armor.
They can't afford a trans. The different between Trans and Swadian Heavy Lamellar Armor is big!
DB_BlackWarden - DB_BlackPeltast - DB_BlackKnight - DB_BlackPavise
Alchemist 16 - ArmorSmith 21 - BlackSmith 18 - Alchemist 8
(24-01-2014, 05:21 AM)Suns link Wrote: That ruins the fun  Big Grin

Most new people dont see the fun in grinding materials and gold and just quit the mod alltogether.
I find it fun when it takes forever kiting on Hard for that one HM. Yet some people think it would be a good idea to have most of the community with legendaries\defender armor within one month. That I don't understand there thinking. It's like PW you work for two hrs, get armor, then die after being rdmed or robbed.
68 < 72 < 74
This is armor protection levels of Heavy Lamellar, Transitional Armor, and Swadian Half Plate. A 4 armor boost doesn't really do much but take about 1 extra hit. The point is being that armors are affordable as-is.
Giving everyone severely increased drops would ruin the long-term goals that keep quite a lot of people in the game, not to mention the economy.
A better option than just increasing drops would indeed be to add shorter-term goals for people to work towards, and for the love of god, don't let new craftables use lumps.
Which leaves us with one problem: Models!
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
(24-01-2014, 03:44 PM)Maroon link Wrote: Which leaves us with one problem: Models!

Nice self plug Wink
Don't suicide yourself. Bradapple 07/01/2015

And last thing im gonna say is dont make my point to another way. - Gandhi
Really? Models is a problem? I hardly think so. There are enough talented 3D artists in the NI community, all it takes is a "could you please create ..." and youve got enough fancy models to fill all the current gaps in the equipment progression.
(24-01-2014, 11:19 PM)-Perception- link Wrote: Really? Models is a problem? I hardly think so. There are enough talented 3D artists in the NI community, all it takes is a "could you please create ..." and youve got enough fancy models to fill all the current gaps in the equipment progression.

Not saying there's not a solution, just that there's a lack of models for now. Wink
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
(24-01-2014, 03:42 PM)Renji link Wrote: 68 < 72 < 74
This is armor protection levels of Heavy Lamellar, Transitional Armor, and Swadian Half Plate. A 4 armor boost doesn't really do much but take about 1 extra hit. The point is being that armors are affordable as-is.

the stats here are wrong and the small armour increase makes a HUGE difference. this is the reason why people are willing to splash the cash on gloves and boots which offer little protection in comparison to the body armour. 1 armour point could mean the difference between a 1 hit and a two hit kill which in most games is all the difference. you have also forgotten to include the later tiers of armour. 1mill for trans is a stark comparison to the 20 mill for halfplate. the solution here however may not be in new body armours but perhaps boots and gauntlets. there is no middle tier progression between market place boots and swadian armour variant boots. maybe if a middle tier for  boots and gauntlets (yes i know there are plate mitts)  was incorporated then we might come close to a more fairly tiered armour progression