Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Map vote change
I find it very frustrating finding a Ragnarok game.  Many times a server gets some good players, then the map changes and players leave Sad

I think we should be able to use the "vote for a map change system"..... On Ragnarok servers only.

Opinions please. 

That would make 95% of the maps useless and unplayed!
My Characters!

VLKA_Handef_Snizel - Royal Gaurd
VLKA_Handef - Master Peltast
VLKA_HybridLeHandef - Sharpshooter
VLKA_Snizel - Ranger
Everyone would just vote for the same maps over and over again which really is no challenge once you know the basics of the map :/
Don't suicide yourself. Bradapple 07/01/2015

And last thing im gonna say is dont make my point to another way. - Gandhi
(02-02-2014, 12:06 PM)Handef_Snizel link Wrote:That would make 95% of the maps useless and unplayed!

Its that way on Ragnarok anyway  ;D
(02-02-2014, 12:07 PM)Elmo link Wrote:Everyone would just vote for the same maps over and over again which really is no challenge once you know the basics of the map :/

Yes very true.....but for players like me that are not in a clan, it would make easier to find a decent game and have the same chance of drops as clan players.

I have not had a decent game on Ragnarok all week.  When one is on, its always full with 17 players, so there is little chance of getting in.

For the search function, so he doesn't have to come out of his bat-cave: http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php?...980.0.html

The ideas stated in this post sound nice to me, and I did not see a dev reply to it, so I'll quickly summarize:
  • A mapchange poll can only be started by someone who is alive;
  • A successful mapchange disables the poll for everyone in the server for 20 minutes;
  • The map cannot be changed to the previous few maps played (last 2-4 maps or something)

With these points, I think adding it would be a nice addition.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
I Agree with the above, remember this is for Ragnarok severs only.
saying that people won't play all the maps is an invalid argument because tbh people don't play all the maps at it's current state. people would rather wait 30 mins to switch the server to a good map manually rather than spending 3 hours on a slow map. cid also points an interesting point...where have the public rag runs gone? ever since first defence was nerfed to a point where it was worse than hypers hell the amount of public rag runs...and hard runs have dropped drastically imho (successful ones at least). not that the map changer would hel this situation but if maps where ALL doable in a REASONABLE amount of time we would see more people playing and completing runs on the harder modes...perhaps.
Seems the only time successful rag runs happen at public servers these days is when the tricksters do one, and then you gotta be very lucky with the timing to get a spot seeing the server usually got 17 players throughout the entire run.. so yeah, as a lone player it really is quite rare to get to participate in a successful rag run :/

Edit: And they did recently increase the server time of rag servers from 5 to 10 min, probably to prevent people from just changing the map until they got a good one, so I doubt they will let us be able to vote.
Some good points being made, I hope Devs are taking notice.