Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Weapon Upgrading suggestion
Well I'm just going to throw this idea out that I've had for a while about being able to improve weapons and armor. My idea is basically that you could simply buy a normal weapon in the market then gather materials that u would normally use to craft and be able to use the materials to upgrade the weapon/armor to balanced/tempered/masterworks status improving the weapon skills and armor ratings.  This is just a suggestion to the dev's (sorry if its not in the right spot Tongue) that I think could really improve the crafting system.  I have no idea if it could even be implemented nor do I have any idea how much work it would take to get it implemented so if its just not worth the trouble ignore this suggestion Tongue. So basically heres an example:
Start with:

Scimitar 30 c 101 speed + 6 metal balanced scimitar 32c 102 speed then if u were to add some other stuff like hardened metal ud get tempered and so on.

I figure that armor smiths could do the same thing with armor and even alchemists could turn a charger into a champion charger some how

so what u think  Smile

Edit: Just relized theres a better place for this so if a moderator could politely move this to the feature request page that'd be great sorry :S
Yea just like in singleplayer! then you can work your way up with your weapons untill you get like masterwork weapons! then people will stopp yelling to get the claymore buffed  :Smile
hope the devs look into this..
(19-03-2012, 09:30 PM)Gismo link Wrote: Yea just like in singleplayer! then you can work your way up with your weapons untill you get like masterwork weapons! then people will stopp yelling to get the claymore buffed  :Smile
exactly except instead of simply buying I'm thinking it should be incorporated into the crafting system some how
This is a great idea, way better than this retire thing in cRPG

I also got a similar Idea: Since there are so many Military Scythes: Why dont we saw the handle to get the shortened military scythe
(shouldnt be that difficult Tongue maybe to craft a saw (grindstone,steel,2wood for the saw and one military scythe results in a shortened military scythe)
(19-03-2012, 10:11 PM)Kriegstofu link Wrote: I also got a similar Idea: Since there are so many Military Scythes: Why dont we saw the handle to get the shortened military scythe
(shouldnt be that difficult Tongue maybe to craft a saw (grindstone,steel,2wood for the saw and one military scythe results in a shortened military scythe)
Thats a little more radical then what I was thinking to me what I'd do was just make a balance military scythe or something as im just thinking it has to be easier to code but ur ideas cool too Big Grin
Just to clarify what I'm saying is that weapons, armor, and horses would be upgradeable through the crafting system following purchase.  Also you would probably have to put it so certain level blacksmith/armorsmiths/alchemists could upgrade each weapon like a level 2 blacksmith can only upgrade to balanced and only say for example do it to short swords and military scythes

Also sorry i seem to have goofed and posted this thread in the wrong section my apologies if someone could move it that'd be great  ;D
been brought up multiple times so ffs stop bring it up. It is not nor will it ever be "your idea" as not only (as i said) has it been mentioned by other players (including myself) but also in other games which is where im willing to bet you got it from.
Anyone else wish that they could play from the nords perspective?
(21-03-2012, 02:21 AM)Aventori link Wrote: been brought up multiple times so ffs stop bring it up. It is not nor will it ever be "your idea" as not only (as i said) has it been mentioned by other players (including myself) but also in other games which is where im willing to bet you got it from.
We got it from this game what the hell  are you talking about? never played singleplayer?
said it 1 day before u did xD mentioned it in another post xD, i didnt use search function. everyone should use it xP
Down to bickering so closing this thread. If you want to continue a proper discussion about the subject of weapon upgrades use an existing topic.