Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

New Gametype Idea
After seeing HappyMonk3ys suggestion I have came up with an entirely opposite one.                          All the prexisting modes ATM are basically the same with different troops and strategies. Instead of us Swadians attacking a castle, why don't we defend one? Normal can be a small village with a palisade with the Nords having only equipment break the gate. Hard, a castle with many entrances with the Nords the given ability to use siege towers/ladders. Ragnarok can be a multi tiered city with many siege towers/ladders which could lead to us being very spread out. All support will be removed and unused in this mode. To win, each mode will vary. For normal it should be, hold the Swadian Headquarters (which should be a barn) for fifteen minutes. For hard, hold the Keep for twenty five minutes. For rag hold the town center for thirty minutes. Ranged bots can hold the objective point, while the melee troops kill Swadians trying to recapture the Swadian Headquarters. The Nords have to hold the given objective point for 5 minutes for completion. (The flag going down the flagpole will represent the 5 minute timer). Spawns for each mode can vary. For Normal the bot cap should be 100. Hard 125 and Rag 150. Swadians will spawn in an inaccessible area so the Nords cannot spawn kill. All lives in each mode are unlimited with a 30 second timer upon dying and waiting to respawn. In the beginning, the Swadians spawn and take up defensive positions for two minutes. The first minute, ten Nords spawn at each gate (max of 2-4 gates depending on mode difficulty, normal 2, hard 3, and rag 4). Once the amount of Nords drops to twenty, more will spawn with numbers increasing by 10 per spawn along with the difficulty of each new wave of Nords. Spawns can be inside siege towers or on a ladder so the AI can just walk in with ease. (Hopefully.) Along with the Normal spawns so the AI hopefully won't have a hard time getting in. Gates can be destructible along with the ability to repair the gate if it's minorly damaged. Once damaged more than 25% the gate can no longer be repaired. To repair a gate it'll take 2 minutes and only restore 10% health of the gate. The gates can only be repaired twice with a fifteen minute delay of each. This mode can be add some depth into the mod of actually defending from the invasion. Still an idea in progress. Sorry for the bad grammar Directed at you Winter and feel free to post your thoughts/opinions/support for this!
(16-04-2014, 05:35 AM)Suns link Wrote: Directed at you Winter
I will destroy you.

(16-04-2014, 05:35 AM)Suns link Wrote: For normal it should be, hold the Swadian Headquarters (which should be a barn) for fifteen minutes. For hard, hold the Keep for twelve minutes. For Ragnarok, hold the town center for ten minutes.

(16-04-2014, 05:35 AM)Suns link Wrote: For normal, we have to hold the Base for fifteen minutes, for hard eighteen, and rag twenty.

Mission accomplished.  Please explain which one you actually mean.

As far as the actual idea goes, we are kind of doing defense already, just wave based instead of time based.  I think wave based with limited spawns is preferable over time based with infinite spawns, especially once support items are considered... unless removing support altogether is your plan.  Wave based also gives more importance to each life you have.  You could perhaps limit lives per game mode, but it would be infuriating to arbitrarily assign numbers to that.

Those are just a few screaming errors that could be addressed.  My real argument against it is that our current game modes are already imperfect.  Why push for new ones instead of fixing old ones?  We were just given horses back last patch (other than the silly Christmas one >.>), and Hard mode was added just before (the current Hard mode, old Hard mode was turned into Ragnarok), and Hard was only turned into Ragnarok as we know it the patch before that.  Do we really want to continue the trend by pushing out more and more game modes every non-Christmas patch instead of focusing on what we already have?
None of the current maps or gameplay are the Swadians going on the offensive or "attacking a castle". No idea where you came up with that. It doesn't sound all that different from the current gameplay style, other than much larger maps, different obstacles, and trying to hold a position for a certain amount of time, rather than defeating all of the waves of enemies. Maybe it's just me, but with what you suggested in your post, I think people would just end up cading like usual in some area near the center. So it'd be exactly like it is now, just with a timer. Destructible ladders (if such a thing is possible in warband), would pretty much force the AI bots to go through the main gate, since the ladders likely won't be able to be repaired or put back up due to warband modding limitations. Then people might even just hang around the gate and keep it repaired to run out the clock, then put a bunch of cades right behind the gate in case it breaks. It would change the emphasis from killing nords, to just running out the clock. This would decrease the need to really kill many nords to win the game, and might increase the temptation to glitch the AI into an area so they get stuck to run out the clock. I agree that the mod could use some new gameplay ideas and concepts, but I don't think this idea would really work out too well as it stands now.
Official Banner Update Pack - http://forum.nordinv.com/index.php/topic,25828.0.html
Perseus     (Lvl 52 Royal Guard)
Artemis     (Lvl 52 Warden)
Hephaestus (Lvl 52 Zweihander)
Ares          (Lvl 52 Pikeman Hybrid)
Hestia       (Lvl 24 Heavy Xbow)

Loots: 1x Sun Pike
@Winter This can be more of a standing project for future releases, and there will be no support use in this mode. @Greek The "attacking" theme was directed at HappyMonk3ys older suggestion of attacking Nordic Lands. Thinking of making the timer, for normal fifteen minutes, hard twenty five minutes, and for rag thirty minutes? Along with making spawns more wavelike and triggered when a certain amount of Nords killed is reached.
A fun idea. Sounds like the siege mode in native. I don't think limited respawns will be necessary. Just add a 30 second respawn timer or something. If players die too often the objectives will be undefended, leading to certain defeat regardless of how many lives the defenders have. Since the bots will likely vastly outnumber the players, bot stats should not be as insane as they are in late waves of hard or rag mode but they should be able to chip away slowly and surely at even the most well-armored players. Ammo supplies/refill times should also be reconsidered in a game mode like this because of the constant stream of Nords.

Cutting down endless waves of Nord trash sounds like a good time to me. I like the idea of a game mode that doesn't require 2 hours to complete.

Some questions:
How will the difficulty of the game-mode increase as the timer runs down?
What kind of reward system will be in place for completing the objective? Will there be bosses to kill? Drops to find?
How many players will play together in this mode?
How will the number of bots spawning change as the number of players in the server increases? Will they spawn from more spawn points?
Will there be multiple objectives for the players to defend, or only one ultimate objective? Will this differ depending on the map? On the mode? What if the players successfully defend every objective? Will there be a greater reward?
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
I can tell you now, it's not gonna happen.
Legendary Drops:
Eastern Katana - December 2012
Legacy - April 2014
Pike of Kings - June 2014
Stag Bow -June 2014
Rupturers - June 2014
Durandel - August 2014
Ancient Greatsword - August 2014
Valsgarde Helmet - September 2014
Penetrator - April 2015
Mnominor - April 2015
Volundr Greatsword - April 2015
(16-04-2014, 12:56 PM)Slayer link Wrote: I can tell you now, it's not gonna happen.

Yea, so let's never post any new ideas or feedback at all, because, you know, work. :Smile

Although it's an interesting twist to our current situation of defending against the Nords, I somehow expect the Swadians to fall back into a very similar tactic as with the modes we have now, of shielding up some hole and waiting for the Nords to come at us. In that sense, I think Monk3y's idea adds more intuitive and fresh changes to NI than this mode would, if it turned out to be possible to code/AI path/map.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
(16-04-2014, 01:20 PM)Maroon link Wrote: [quote author=Slayer link=topic=25281.msg174343#msg174343 date=1397652995]
I can tell you now, it's not gonna happen.

Yea, so let's never post any new ideas or feedback at all, because, you know, work. :Smile

Although it's an interesting twist to our current situation of defending against the Nords, I somehow expect the Swadians to fall back into a very similar tactic as with the modes we have now, of shielding up some hole and waiting for the Nords to come at us. In that sense, I think Monk3y's idea adds more intuitive and fresh changes to NI than this mode would, if it turned out to be possible to code/AI path/map.
[/quote]

Pretty much, because literally none are going to be implemented unless it can easily slide into the current system, IE: Changes in user friendlyness on the website or buffing/nerfing weapons.
Legendary Drops:
Eastern Katana - December 2012
Legacy - April 2014
Pike of Kings - June 2014
Stag Bow -June 2014
Rupturers - June 2014
Durandel - August 2014
Ancient Greatsword - August 2014
Valsgarde Helmet - September 2014
Penetrator - April 2015
Mnominor - April 2015
Volundr Greatsword - April 2015
(16-04-2014, 12:56 PM)Slayer link Wrote: I can tell you now, it's not gonna happen.
This can be more of a long term goal for future releases or for the NI2. (Hopefully)               
(16-04-2014, 08:19 AM)clickeverywhere link Wrote: A fun idea. Sounds like the siege mode in native. I don't think limited respawns will be necessary. Just add a 30 second respawn timer or something. If players die too often the objectives will be undefended, leading to certain defeat regardless of how many lives the defenders have. Since the bots will likely vastly outnumber the players, bot stats should not be as insane as they are in late waves of hard or rag mode but they should be able to chip away slowly and surely at even the most well-armored players. Ammo supplies/refill times should also be reconsidered in a game mode like this because of the constant stream of Nords.

Cutting down endless waves of Nord trash sounds like a good time to me. I like the idea of a game mode that doesn't require 2 hours to complete.

Some questions:
How will the difficulty of the game-mode increase as the timer runs down?
What kind of reward system will be in place for completing the objective? Will there be bosses to kill? Drops to find?
How many players will play together in this mode?
How will the number of bots spawning change as the number of players in the server increases? Will they spawn from more spawn points?
Will there be multiple objectives for the players to defend, or only one ultimate objective? Will this differ depending on the map? On the mode? What if the players successfully defend every objective? Will there be a greater reward?
Thinking about it, it would be more reasonable to have unlimited spawns with a 30 second timer for each. Also the bots for normal should be everything except the prince, for hard it can be just the mixed waves with a few boss waves, and rag can be the same as hard with mixed waves with a few boss waves. Every minute the timer passes or until half the amount of Nords are killed, another wave spawns with 10 more Nords for each spawn until it caps the bot limit and the difficulty of the Nords increases. Every 3 waves there should be a boss of some sort. For normal going as far as the Nord commander and his pikemen. For hard going to royal torturer without his assassins, and rag going as far as Heimdallr with easier bots than the normal mixed waves of Ragnarok. The drops will be the same as the other modes. About 16 players will be the max. For the amount of players, if one is alone regardless 40 bots will spawn in the beginning and increase the exact same way if it were 16 players. Normal has 2 spawns with 2 entrances. Hard will have 3 spawns with 4 entrances, the spawns will alternate each entrance area. For rag there will be 4 spawns and 6 entrances with the spawns same as hard alternating spawn entrances. Thinking about it, there should be 3 defendable objectives with two secondary and one major. The major one has all the necessary refilling and healing stAtions but one of each. The secondary objectives if kept will wield a much greater reward for each player. The secondary objectives will have in more quantity, the refilling/healing stations. For the rewards, in normal upon completion with all three objectives kept each player should be rewarded with 20000 assist xp and 4000 gold. If only one secondary objective and the major one is kept, each players is awarded 16000 assist xp and 3500 gold. If only the major objective is kept, each player is awarded 12000 assist xp and 3000 gold. For hard 75000 assist and 15k gold if all are kept. 70000 assist xp and 12k gold if one secondary and major is kept. If only the major one is kept, 65000 assist and 10k gold. For rag, 125000 assist and 25k gold if completed with all secondary and major objectives kept. 115000 assist xp and 20k gold if one secondary is kept with the major one. 105000 assist xp and 16k gold if only the major objective is kept.
Well I could offer some suggestions for how the n.o.r.d(need the periods so auto-correct doesn't rape my grammar) spawns would work. There would need to be several points of defense, one for each boss. At the end of the allotted time to defend, a boss and his wave would spawn in regardless of the remaining enemies. The defendable points would range in difficulty to defend based upon the boss that will be faced next. Higher wave means easier to defend lower waves means harder to defend becAuse of the increased difficulty of the enemies. The time to defend each location  would increase as the game goes on. I don't like the idea of spending money to repair a gate, maybe just make it take several minutes at a time. All enemy weapons are equipable and the ammo and health refills take a minute each to keep you as weak as possible and present a further challenge that is very realistic in that a normal castle doesn't have infinite supplies and it may take some time to scavenge what is needed. Make the same amount of enemies spawn regardless of the people. An enemy wouldn't be merciful and send a hundredth of his army just because we couldn't muster enough men making it very important to have a team there to support you. With removal of support items I'd request that all bots from Prince up not have crush through but instead an area of effect like Thor has currently and an extremely high speed. These weapons of course being non-usable. That's my input.
StuStu-All I'll say buddy is Arbilest or however it's spelt, crafting price means nothing in NI, if you are a long time player you should know that yourself, I'm done arguing with someone who's naive as ****
[Image: lNYrB9c.png]