Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

A couple suggestions.
(19-07-2014, 10:32 AM)madjosh link Wrote:i was thinking more along the lines of replacing the existing hard with cav or rag but whatever goes i suppose

That would suck so hard man.

I know people on my end would like to purchase servers for AU, but they don't want to donate to hyper/benschie, they want to do it themselves.
Legendary Drops:
Eastern Katana - December 2012
Legacy - April 2014
Pike of Kings - June 2014
Stag Bow -June 2014
Rupturers - June 2014
Durandel - August 2014
Ancient Greatsword - August 2014
Valsgarde Helmet - September 2014
Penetrator - April 2015
Mnominor - April 2015
Volundr Greatsword - April 2015
(09-07-2014, 03:29 PM)Juggernaught link Wrote:One last thing is mostly in relation to the Australian community within Nord Invasion, as many of you know, AU only has TWO servers. Honestly I find it quite frustrating that EU and NA have I think something like 30 combined total of servers. I haven't bothered to count them because I just don't see what the point is. I'm requesting/suggesting on behalf of the Australian Nord Invasion community, that two of these servers funds be put to better use and used to purchase one or two new Australian servers

This is just not possible with Australia's internet setup at the moment, no 1 person can actually run a stable NI server with our general upload speeds as they are at the moment.

It would take multiple connections to run a dedicated server that runs multiple NI servers to handle upload speeds NI needs, Myself and Ragnash have our own servers and talked for many hours about the situation on how we could host these servers ourselves but it is not possible with our current connections and as I can almost guarantee 90% of you don't surpass 1 mb upload speeds we are out of options and are forced to pay server hosting fee's, Also if you want to take a look at how much it costs to run a STABLE dedicated server in australia go right on ahead..... I'm sure you will then understand the matter a little bit more deeply.

Trust me I would love to host more servers for you guys but its just not in my own budget..... I'm sure once most of you move out of mum and dad's house you will understand.

Also let me just add, there will be absolutely no way anyone at all will be able to host a NI server as many people in the past have proven themselves untrustworthy or just don't have that trust to have that kind of access to NI files.
VLKA_Benschie - Royal Guard, lvl 22 Alchemist
VLKA_Tanngnjostr - Master Peltast, lvl 16 Blacksmith
VLKA_Tanngrisnir - Marauder, lvl 19 Armorsmith
VLKA_Victim - Warden, lvl 37 Arrow Magnet
I agree with everything Benschie has said. Aus really is amazingly expensive and the costs do not seem to be coming down particularly quickly. When NI first started we struggled to get an aussie server at all as none of us had an australian credit card. Thankfully australia recently discovered paypal...

At present I pay a considerable sum every month running NI. I don't mind doing it as long as my employers continue to pay me but two aussie servers is the same cost as the US box. If players are willing to make regular donations to NI earmarked for australian servers then as long as those donations continue I'm happy to run more australian servers. As it is, I simply cannot afford to run even more servers and not get evicted from my flat.

In regards to discussions about free servers, I encourage anyone to approach me but please understand that private individual requests for hosting servers will not be accepted. This is simply a flat rule we have due to past experiences. If you would like to introduce me to a corporation that would be happy to help NI then please feel free (they're much easier to sue than a 14 year old living at home with no assets you see...)
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
(21-07-2014, 10:57 PM)Hypernoma link Wrote:I agree with everything Benschie has said. Aus really is amazingly expensive and the costs do not seem to be coming down particularly quickly. When NI first started we struggled to get an aussie server at all as none of us had an australian credit card. Thankfully australia recently discovered paypal...

At present I pay a considerable sum every month running NI. I don't mind doing it as long as my employers continue to pay me but two aussie servers is the same cost as the US box. If players are willing to make regular donations to NI earmarked for australian servers then as long as those donations continue I'm happy to run more australian servers. As it is, I simply cannot afford to run even more servers and not get evicted from my flat.

In regards to discussions about free servers, I encourage anyone to approach me but please understand that private individual requests for hosting servers will not be accepted. This is simply a flat rule we have due to past experiences. If you would like to introduce me to a corporation that would be happy to help NI then please feel free (they're much easier to sue than a 14 year old living at home with no assets you see...)

(19-07-2014, 02:31 PM)Benschie link Wrote:[quote author=Juggernaught link=topic=28694.msg186562#msg186562 date=1404919790]
One last thing is mostly in relation to the Australian community within Nord Invasion, as many of you know, AU only has TWO servers. Honestly I find it quite frustrating that EU and NA have I think something like 30 combined total of servers. I haven't bothered to count them because I just don't see what the point is. I'm requesting/suggesting on behalf of the Australian Nord Invasion community, that two of these servers funds be put to better use and used to purchase one or two new Australian servers

This is just not possible with Australia's internet setup at the moment, no 1 person can actually run a stable NI server with our general upload speeds as they are at the moment.

It would take multiple connections to run a dedicated server that runs multiple NI servers to handle upload speeds NI needs, Myself and Ragnash have our own servers and talked for many hours about the situation on how we could host these servers ourselves but it is not possible with our current connections and as I can almost guarantee 90% of you don't surpass 1 mb upload speeds we are out of options and are forced to pay server hosting fee's, Also if you want to take a look at how much it costs to run a STABLE dedicated server in australia go right on ahead..... I'm sure you will then understand the matter a little bit more deeply.

Trust me I would love to host more servers for you guys but its just not in my own budget..... I'm sure once most of you move out of mum and dad's house you will understand.

Also let me just add, there will be absolutely no way anyone at all will be able to host a NI server as many people in the past have proven themselves untrustworthy or just don't have that trust to have that kind of access to NI files.
[/quote]

You two are being a bit rude when it comes to people offering to help. The people offering to help with payments and hosting are above the age of 20 and yet you simply call them kids living with their mums and dads. I now understand why they are reluctant to help after the above posts. You shouldn't assume that everyone in Nord Invasion are simply kids living with parents, yes a considerable sum of these individuals are, but turning your nose up to these people offering to help is just rude. It's a bit unfair now as all I see is complaints about costs and not being able to pay for more servers because you can't pay your rent. I personally understand that along with the other individuals who also have to pay bills, you are not the only ones.

I've heard from some people on my end that they have already contacted you about payment/hosting etc and all that they got back was either no answer, or a simple no, yet you then continue to make a few of us guilty about the fact that you can't pay for servers as it is expensive and that we don't pay for anything when people have offered to help on multiple occasions. You can't have it both ways.

Either allow people to help with hosting/payments indirectly to donations, or, stop complaining about costs, or find an agreement between both parties.

It's unfair.
Legendary Drops:
Eastern Katana - December 2012
Legacy - April 2014
Pike of Kings - June 2014
Stag Bow -June 2014
Rupturers - June 2014
Durandel - August 2014
Ancient Greatsword - August 2014
Valsgarde Helmet - September 2014
Penetrator - April 2015
Mnominor - April 2015
Volundr Greatsword - April 2015
Learn to read Slayer... At no point was I rude however I can be if you would prefer. I make a half-joke about suing corporations for copyright theft and this is your response? Normally I find that players actually mature as they get older. I'm sorry to say that you were far more pleasant to speak with a year ago.

I think about 3 people from australia have approached me in regards to server hosting and that is it. All have approached asking to personally host private servers and as above, the answer is a flat no. This is not exclusive to australia. I have said the same to China, Ukraine, Russia and Brazil.

Just how often is it that I "complain" about server costs? Since I took over as head developer of NI I have easily invested in excess of £1000 in running and developing this mod. I could bitch and moan on a regular basis about how the donations each month very often do not cover the server costs but for the most part I don't mind. However when I see ignorant posts like yours I do begin to lose my cool. At no point have I ever gone out of my way to make anyone feel guilty about server costs (with the exception of Naozumi as moving our European server has cost a bit extra) and I never will. The very fact that that is what you managed to take away from my post is staggering.

In regards to donations from people living with their parents, I hate to break it to you you Slayer but the MAJORITY of donations that do come in come from paypal accounts that do not belong to our players.

I will reiterate my point from my previous post. If you wish to donate with funds earmarked for australian servers then please feel free. There is absolutely no obligation, however as currently there are very few donations coming from austalia, I will not be renting another australian server. To turn the tables, I think that would be awfully unfair on myself. Stop making me feel guilty. It's unfair.

P.S. please make use of your mute to learn how to read (and yes I am in a bad mood)
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
(22-07-2014, 06:15 PM)Hypernoma link Wrote:Learn to read Slayer... At no point was I rude however I can be if you would prefer. I make a half-joke about suing corporations for copyright theft and this is your response? Normally I find that players actually mature as they get older. I'm sorry to say that you were far more pleasant to speak with a year ago.

I think about 3 people from australia have approached me in regards to server hosting and that is it. All have approached asking to personally host private servers and as above, the answer is a flat no. This is not exclusive to australia. I have said the same to China, Ukraine, Russia and Brazil.

Just how often is it that I "complain" about server costs? Since I took over as head developer of NI I have easily invested in excess of £1000 in running and developing this mod. I could bitch and moan on a regular basis about how the donations each month very often do not cover the server costs but for the most part I don't mind. However when I see ignorant posts like yours I do begin to lose my cool. At no point have I ever gone out of my way to make anyone feel guilty about server costs (with the exception of Naozumi as moving our European server has cost a bit extra) and I never will. The very fact that that is what you managed to take away from my post is staggering.

In regards to donations from people living with their parents, I hate to break it to you you Slayer but the MAJORITY of donations that do come in come from paypal accounts that do not belong to our players.

I will reiterate my point from my previous post. If you wish to donate with funds earmarked for australian servers then please feel free. There is absolutely no obligation, however as currently there are very few donations coming from austalia, I will not be renting another australian server. To turn the tables, I think that would be awfully unfair on myself. Stop making me feel guilty. It's unfair.

P.S. please make use of your mute to learn how to read (and yes I am in a bad mood)

Hyper can i just ask one thing sorry but if i was to use the Donate page on the website would that go to you or the AU server since if it does go to the AU server i would happy Donate $5-$100 every 2 Week's to help pay for them since that is where i play most of the time so i want to help.

P.S. Oh and all so i find it funny that you muted slayer  ;D
When you make the donation on paypal there is a field that you can enter comments on. That or just mention to me in the email that it's for aus servers and I'll look at setting up another one for you guys. Your support is very much appreciated.
- Fingus
I find it blatantly apparent that whenever any member, namely slayer as he's the only one that does this, speaks up about his and other peoples minds toward the moderators/developers/what ever they are called on this community, they/he simply gets a forum suspension and usually a hidden/deleted post.

This is rediculous, how on earth do you intend for a community to grow when all you do is shit yourself whenever someone questions another individual's judgement and simply remove the user that is attempting to compromise and question the system? Yet you call slayer immature, you should rather look at yourself, Hypernoma. This community is ran by "e-peen" driven adults and we all know what happens when someone has too much pride in their e-peen. They become arrogant and tend to run a dictatorship which then becomes the downfall of such communities, and, as it appears, these actions have already taken a toll on your numbers. This is no way for a community to be run, but alas, whenever someone questions or attempts to help, they just get the same arrogant reaction.

It's such a pity that slayer has spoken so highly about this mod to me and how much potential this mod had, my advertisement team along with server hosting that slayer and myself were organising could have made this mod large and brilliant. I was planning to invest approximately $30000 US in all fields, advertisement, server hosting, full time payed employees for continued development for the mod along with a profitable system for you. It is too bad as now unfortunately, you will be missing out on this opportunity as I do not wish to invest such work into a mod where the higher ups are ignorant to their own downfall.

As a final note, I can't wait for either the suspension/removal of my account and this post, but alas, screen shots were already made and as we all know, someone questioning an e-peen fixated dictator generally runs quickly through a small community.

I only hope members of this community open their eyes and realise the amount of time and potential money they have wasted on this mod.

Farewell.

PS: This post has nothing to do with slayers will.
(23-07-2014, 02:22 AM)Gilgad link Wrote:I find it blatantly apparent that whenever any member, namely slayer as he's the only one that does this, speaks up about his and other peoples minds toward the moderators/developers/what ever they are called on this community, they/he simply gets a forum suspension and usually a hidden/deleted post.

This is rediculous, how on earth do you intend for a community to grow when all you do is shit yourself whenever someone questions another individual's judgement and simply remove the user that is attempting to compromise and question the system? Yet you call slayer immature, you should rather look at yourself, Hypernoma. This community is ran by "e-peen" driven adults and we all know what happens when someone has too much pride in their e-peen. They become arrogant and tend to run a dictatorship which then becomes the downfall of such communities, and, as it appears, these actions have already taken a toll on your numbers. This is no way for a community to be run, but alas, whenever someone questions or attempts to help, they just get the same arrogant reaction.

It's such a pity that slayer has spoken so highly about this mod to me and how much potential this mod had, my advertisement team along with server hosting that slayer and myself were organising could have made this mod large and brilliant. I was planning to invest approximately $30000 US in all fields, advertisement, server hosting, full time payed employees for continued development for the mod along with a profitable system for you. It is too bad as now unfortunately, you will be missing out on this opportunity as I do not wish to invest such work into a mod where the higher ups are ignorant to their own downfall.

As a final note, I can't wait for either the suspension/removal of my account and this post, but alas, screen shots were already made and as we all know, someone questioning an e-peen fixated dictator generally runs quickly through a small community.

I only hope members of this community open their eyes and realise the amount of time and potential money they have wasted on this mod.

Farewell.

OMG HAHAHAHA THIS IS THE BEST!
I've seen some outrageous claims, threats and whining but this one tops em all (even better than that guy who threatened to take legal action after being killed in-game by a dev). This is such a preb post I'd be surprised if anyone would actually take the time to sit down and respond properly.
$30000 into a mod for a dying game?
NERD!

Also I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if Gilgad is Slayer, this post is givin me the giggles Big Grin
(23-07-2014, 05:18 AM)Chippers link Wrote:[quote author=Gilgad link=topic=28694.msg188840#msg188840 date=1406082153]
I find it blatantly apparent that whenever any member, namely slayer as he's the only one that does this, speaks up about his and other peoples minds toward the moderators/developers/what ever they are called on this community, they/he simply gets a forum suspension and usually a hidden/deleted post.

Farewell.

OMG HAHAHAHA THIS IS THE BEST!
I've seen some outrageous claims, threats and whining but this one tops em all (even better than that guy who threatened to take legal action after being killed in-game by a dev). This is such a preb post I'd be surprised if anyone would actually take the time to sit down and respond properly.
$30000 into a mod for a dying game?
NERD!

Also I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if Gilgad is Slayer, this post is givin me the giggles Big Grin
[/quote]

Please learn to read. I said I would have profited in the end, but you wouldn't know as you still live with your parents.

Majority of the funding would have gone to moving this to banner lord as yes this is a dying game, but I'm not going into it as I'm no longer willing to do so. Perhaps I can just recreate the mod on banner lord myself as I doubt these guys are.