Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

VHTA's
So I've been trying out the VHTA's quite a bit today.  I've got a few complaints with the current stats.  Stupid enter key.  Anyway back on topic.  The Melee damage did not get any buff in the patch.  The Ammo just simply isn't high enough for hard mode.  I have been doing a hard run as i right this post, and on the last 4 waves when I didn't die early on I run out of ammo before the end.  The increase in damage doesn't do like anything.  I could before usually 1 hit rangers in the body, I still don't one hit them every time.  Vets Huscarls i could usually 1 hit in the head.  I can't one hit them in the head every time still.  Vet Soldiers and Vet Pikes i can very really one hit in the body, usally 2 hits still though.
Steam name:  Sargeant Q

You could just buy CTS, they 1 hit.
Legendary Drops:
Eastern Katana - December 2012
Legacy - April 2014
Pike of Kings - June 2014
Stag Bow -June 2014
Rupturers - June 2014
Durandel - August 2014
Ancient Greatsword - August 2014
Valsgarde Helmet - September 2014
Penetrator - April 2015
Mnominor - April 2015
Volundr Greatsword - April 2015
That's the thing.  I am one of the few people who like VHTA's.  Pre-patch the only thing they had in most people's opinion was the ammo count.  Now that advantage is gone, and the damage is not enough to make the 2+ million house crafted throwing weapon better then the 1+ million blacksmith crafted item.

(28-09-2014, 01:12 PM)Sargent Q link Wrote: That's the thing.  I am one of the few people who like VHTA's.  Pre-patch the only thing they had in most people's opinion was the ammo count.  Now that advantage is gone, and the damage is not enough to make the 2+ million house crafted throwing weapon better then the 1+ million blacksmith crafted item.

Well, the strong point of them is still that they are both good (not awesome) ranged weps and good melee weapons, wwhich makes them perfect for a Legionnaire.
They are niche weapons but still bloody good in that niche.
I played with them alot until I decided to equip my Legionnaire more like a traditional Commando since other commandos can make more use of a Stone Maul and a good shield than of VHTA's.
Appareantly I gave most of my loot chance to Fara. Mostly AFG, rise from the ashes from time to time.

Loots:
Shield of Kings - 18.10.2014
Dwarf Axe - 16.01.2017

CC_Wild_Garlic_Pesto
CC_Green_Pesto
CC_RNG_sits_on_my_face

-"Every fart is a gamble now" Bluzark 19.02.2017
Like I said the melee got completely ignored in the patch.  Unlike all the Legionnaire only swords.  I am getting real tired of having just about everyone tell me the CTS's are better than VHTA's. Even for legionnaire I am told that CTS are Better than VHTA.

(28-09-2014, 05:21 PM)Sargent Q link Wrote: Like I said the melee got completely ignored in the patch.  Unlike all the Legionnaire only swords.  I am getting real tired of having just about everyone tell me the CTS's are better than VHTA's. Even for legionnaire I am told that CTS are Better than VHTA.

To be fair, a lot of people were also saying CTS are better than Twigs for a very long time simply because they are more accurate.  There are also those silly blokes that insist the Durendal is better than the Legacy, but we both know the true answer there Big Grin (I'm not actually looking for a debate on that one, I'm using it do demonstrate a point).  Honestly, this game is wonderful in the fact that it allows you to have a preference in item types.  I like VHTA and CTS.  The only reason I don't still run around with both swapping every few games is that I have Dragon Breath now and I love those the most.

As far as your complaints about the amount of hits it takes to kill bots not being up to par, some testing will be done.  The item stats have been massively rebalanced, so there will definitely still be a few items that need closer attention.
I see no reason why VHTA ammo count got lowered that radically. It was their only selling point for Pikeman hero classes before. Please reconsider finding middle ground like 20 ammo.
Clan Cameron / Warden / Siege Engineer
Imo, with the current stats 20 ammo would be better balance over cts considering the crafting cost.
Closing this, as they got a Buff to shoot speed.